TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Good Days! Great days are always worth celebrating, so share your good times with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oh, Bother Online
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

2018 - January 1st 2019, 08:20 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

First of all happy New years Everyone. I just wanted to share how my years turned out and how good it went. I'm pretty sure this is the right place for this, but if not feel free to move it.

2018 turned out to be a pretty good year for me. I have had my ups and downs like everyone else but feel I have had more ups then downs.

In May I had hit a year of being cut free, and the last time that happened was 2008. I am heading towards two years and hope I make it to that and much more.

I also hit a year of being purge free and that is the first time that has happened since I started purging at 16. I hope this also continues.

Another big milestone is that I have been out of being on 51/50s, php, or iop for a year. This is the first time this has happened since I was 18.

August had marked a year on being on weight watchers and losing weight the healthy way. Yes, I struggled with restricting and wanting to only eat half the points, yes I did do that but then changed that and started actually doing the program. I am going to continue the program so I can be a healthy weight.

I am still in therapy but i am doing really good and actually want to live and not give in to the depression. I don't think I have ever been able to say this before. I have started DBT and am actually applying myself this time around... I have stopped for a couple weeks but that is because of my grandpa being sick and it taking a toll on our family. But I am going to push forward.

I am not sure where 2019 will take me. I am hoping I can complete DBT and be able to move out and get a job.
If you guys want maybe you can share the good things that happened to you in the year 2018. I would love to hear them.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.
Just walk beside me and be my friend"
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Recommencer Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Kylie

Re: 2018 - January 1st 2019, 11:31 AM

This is amazing, Frankie!! So many awesome milestones!! Congratulations - truly. You deserve to feel proud of yourself!

2018 was actually a really good year for me as well! I started at a new school that I absolutely love. I honestly did not expect to love it so much, but I do! I had a really awesome French professor who convinced me to major in French in addition to professional writing, and I'm planning on studying abroad in France one summer! I had stopped studying French for a number years and I'm finally getting back into it thanks to this professor, who is now my advisor as well! I'm extremely grateful to her. I'm also getting more involved on campus, joining clubs and whatnot. So yeah, I think it's been a really good year for me overall!

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best in 2019!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: 2018 - January 1st 2019, 06:55 PM

Happy New Year!

Congratulations on being a year cut and purge free. That's a huge achievement! Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be on your way to getting a job and moving out

2018 was complicated for me. But I was more open about my mental health and I also completed group CBT. At the very least, I have started the new year feeling more positive and hope I can either get into further study or a job

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: 2018 - January 1st 2019, 10:18 PM

You have made so much progress this year and I’ve been so happy to see how much you’ve grown. I know you can keep it up in the new year! <3

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hailey12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hailey

Re: 2018 - January 2nd 2019, 12:10 AM

Congratulations on meeting so many milestones in 2018! Those are all really, really hard things! You should be super proud.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Freedom. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: 2018 - January 19th 2019, 03:51 AM

Congratulations on your milestones for 2018!

I'm sure you will continue to achieve your goals.

Closed Thread