TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   What is making you happy this Christmas? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t160995-what-making-you-happy-christmas/)

DeletedAccount69 December 25th 2020 10:17 AM

What is making you happy this Christmas?

You can share a gift you got, a memory, anything that has brought you joy.

The holidays are rough and I think they're even worse this year.

For me, I'm struggling a lot but trying to look forward to the Zook meeting with my in laws, my family and my dad is gonna bring me some food (prime rib and mashed potato).

DeletedAccount53 December 25th 2020 02:07 PM

Re: What is making you happy this Christmas?

I'm sorry you're struggling right now, @.:Bibliophile:. Hugs! Prime rib - that is simply wonderful! :)

A huge number of Welcome Back and Happy Christmas cards from my friends in Monaco!

And the loving kindness of Julie and Maman.

Rivière December 25th 2020 05:29 PM

Seeing my family happy. My brother is in London with his girlfriend and her family. The rest of us are celebrating together and in many ways, the fact my brother isn't here has changed the family dynamic a fair amount. My mum is happier, especially. She even said this has been the best Christmas she's had in a very long time.

I also enjoyed watching my family open and enjoy their Christmas gifts, and getting the little unlabelled gifts from the mittens hanging on the tree. :)

Dawn. December 26th 2020 02:42 AM

I was able to spend some time with my family on Christmas Day. :)

Silvan December 26th 2020 01:51 PM

Spending more time than usually with my Grandparents who live in a different city.

Ennui. December 26th 2020 11:24 PM

I gave my pigs a bowl of veggies as a Christmas treat and it was nice hearing them happily crunch.

Celyn December 28th 2020 10:38 AM

My mum being home for Christmas. She works so hard throughout the year but it feels like that's all she does. It's nice that my mum has stayed in and spent time with us over Christmas and isn't rushing around or stressing about work.

We played two new board games yesterday which was really good.

I've found it a bit harder to relax this year, probably because I've been focused on trying to find a job. I'm still stressing a bit about that and it's crap when I feel I haven't got my life together. But I realised that when I do get a job, I can't wait to spoil everyone to more presents! :)

DeletedAccount53 December 28th 2020 05:49 PM

I'm also happy my truck and Maman's cars are being shipped home, along with all our remaining stock. It's cool she already has a shop for antiques and decorative architectural salvage which is so popular these days here, and I am very relieved this store is a lot bigger, is a double-fronted corner shop that makes it is so easy to move things around.

January, though, has always been a black month for trade. Since coronavirus has put stop to it reopening for a few weeks, it means I can spend time revising for my exams and spend a lot more time looking after Julie.

This Christmas has a specialness to it. I know most times of this season are happy for many, but Christmas 2020 had a special feeling, a magic to it: We came home. Home to a villa where once was sadness and crying, but since way back our home was filled with laughter and joy. Sitting here I have tears in my eyes, but they are happy tears. For happy moments for the joy these last few days have brought. And being safe. Home, at last! :D