TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Good Days! Great days are always worth celebrating, so share your good times with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mermaidia Offline
Raging Bitch & Kind Stranger
Welcome me, I'm new!

COLLEGE! Woohoo! - November 10th 2009, 01:06 AM

So this was about to be in the "Why Me?" section. Thankfully, this is not the case. My mom came home with the mail. I opened my letter for Willamette University in Oregon (which was my safety school) and it started with "I am so very sorry to inform you that we have decided against admitting you into the entering class of 2014..."

Well, shit. There goes my safety school. I was thinking that I was never going to get into any of my schools.

Then my mom goes, "Oh! I forgot about this one!" and gives me a letter from one of my schools that I wasn't sure if I would be accepted or not (remember, Willamette was my safety school. I thought I would definitely get accepted). I half-heartedly opened it to see, "Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted into our incoming class of 2014!..."

Oh. My. God. For those of you who are wondering which school it was, I got accepted into Eckerd College, which is in Florida. I am so happy. They allow pets in their dorms, it's right on the beach, and it's a great school, academically-speaking.

Screw Willamette (Not really. I understand they can't accept everyone. They didn't reject me, they rejected my transcript).

I'm on Cloud 9. This is the happiest I've felt in a long time. For the past few days, I've been kind of down, but this has definitely helped my mood.

I still have like six schools to hear back from, but in the meantime, this is fantastic...

I'd move to Rockferry tomorrow
And I'd build my house, baby,
With sorrow

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fresco Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: COLLEGE! Woohoo! - November 10th 2009, 02:48 AM

Wow that is awesome! I really like your story. It's like "lost my wallet but won the lottery."

I took a look at Eckerd online and oh my goodness, that campus is beautiful!! I am actually digging pretty much its whole environment, lol. I'm kind of tempted to yell "In your face, Willamette University!" Your safety school clearly missed it, but clearly you are amazing. I'm glad Eckerd College saw it and I can only imagine a few other prospective colleges seeing it too.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
mermaidia Offline
Raging Bitch & Kind Stranger
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: COLLEGE! Woohoo! - November 10th 2009, 03:30 AM

Thank you! It really means a lot.
I've been freaking about college for such a long time. It's nice to know that all my hard work and dedication paid off.

I'd move to Rockferry tomorrow
And I'd build my house, baby,
With sorrow

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge

I've been here a while

Re: COLLEGE! Woohoo! - November 11th 2009, 12:43 AM

Hey there,
Congrats on getting in! It's an amazing feeling to get accepted to a school you want to go to. Hopefully you get some more positive results from the other schools you applied for, even if they aren't the ones you have your heart set on. Honestly, your hard work does pay off in the end! You don't have to stress as much now that you know it's possible to get in somewhere. Take care, and keep up the good work. :]

Don't just exist...LIVE.

Closed Thread