TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Goals and Ambitions (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/)
-   -   Yaaay, I have a goal in life now! (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f126-goals-ambitions/t6269-yaaay-i-have-goal-life-now/)

anomie February 25th 2009 12:15 AM

Yaaay, I have a goal in life now!

Well, at least something to do before I go back to school!
I'm doing the 50 book challenge, which means I have to read 50 books before 3/26 (the day I go back). Which is going to be hard (I have to read 1-2 books a day) but at least it gives me a goal. And now that I have a goal my life has meaning and I don't feel depressed anymore =]

Books I've read so far this year:

Before yesterday
1) Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl
2) Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
3) Ender's Shadow
4) Shadow of the Hegemon
5) Shadow Puppets
6) Shadow of the Giant
7) Speaker For The Dead
8) Five Lectures on Psychoanalysis by Sigmund Freud (did I read that this year? I forget)

Since then
9) 180 Tips and Tricks for New Teachers - Melissa Kelly
10) How To Talk To Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere: The Secrets of Good Communication - Larry King

I'm also going to make sure I go to the gym and shower and brush my teeth every day because I've started to let that lapse.

Moyshi February 25th 2009 01:12 AM

Re: Yaaay, I have a goal in life now!

Making goals are always nice because you've got something to work towards. I hope you manage to make your reading goal! I love books so mabye this summer break I may set a target of how many books to read because I always seem to forget to take books from the library. :]

anomie February 25th 2009 01:59 AM

Perplexity February 25th 2009 04:17 PM

Wow, 50 books does seem like a lot to me! I don't know if I'd be able to read that many books that fast! Lol. What's your favourite book(s) that you've read so far?

Setting a goal and working on it is good because then you have something to work towards and reading all these books will sure make you pre-occupied! I hope that in the end you do achieve your goal of reading 50 books before you go back to school. Your doing quite well at the moment with all the books you've read so far, so keep going! :)

Take care.

eunoia February 26th 2009 08:26 AM

Oh, oh! "The Scribner Anthology of Contemporary Short Fiction." Would that count?! It's good. Annnnd, Wit (Margaret Edson, it's a play) and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. xD I love to read! The Giver! The Uglies trilogy. Have funnn! And good luck. :]

Sapphire February 26th 2009 11:31 AM

It's really good that you've set yourself a goal, that's something you can really set your mind to.
50 books seems like loooadss. Don't think I've even read 50 in a year! But good luck, and I hope you acheive it. Let us know how it goes. :)