TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Smile A Token of Appreciation - October 22nd 2013, 04:32 AM

I'm not looking for any advice, but I just want to take this time to express my gratitude to all that this website has done for me. As some of you were aware, last week I posted a thread stating that I was just really depressed, almost to the point where I just wanted to isolate myself and go through what I had put myself through for 3 months last year. I was feeling a bit desperate, and I needed someone to hear me out. However, those of you that reached out to help, I cannot thank you enough for how much you all kept me from resorting back to going into the dark roads again. For the longest time, I have felt like no one really cared, and that no matter how much I constantly changed certain things about myself, I would never be good enough for anyone, even with everything that I am. From time to time, I felt like this shattered soul with a hole in where my heart should be. I felt like no one will be able to truly understand how I feel deep down inside, but I was wrong. There are people out there who truly care, and it makes me glad to see that not everyone around my age is a mindless drone that can't think for themselves, nor set moral standards.

Now, for the past few days, I have never felt so much better. I feel stronger, more positive than I already am, more enthusiastic, and uplifted in the spirit as well. I realize that the tough experiences we go through only ends up making us stronger and a much better person than we were previously. Yes, I know that what I'm dealing with right now will not be easy accepting (now that I know the truth), but it's something that I'll manage and work through day by day. Seriously, you all made me see a bigger picture that I have never really opened my eyes to before. I know that I haven't been a member here for that long, but just being on here for about 2 1/2 months, I've learned a lot from all of you that I have met. You're all a great group of people with intriguing personalities, and I cannot express how fortunate I am to have met some of you that I talk to on a regular basis (you know who you are ). Honestly, this was one of the best decisions I had ever made into joining this site. You've all only enhanced me into becoming a much better person than I am already, and this has all inspired me to become more compassionate and more empathetic for others. Therefore, I am not only helping others just on here, but also at school as well, and anywhere else if it's ever needed.

To everyone that reached out and helped me, once again, thank you, and I will not give up on myself no matter how tough things will get from here. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not in a month from now. Not even in a year from now. Not ever.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 22nd 2013, 04:58 AM

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that TH has made such a difference for you. Sometimes it's hard to see the good in the tough things we go through, so I'm so glad that you've been able to make light of your situation and plow through it. TH really is a pretty awesome place.

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pirouette Offline
Just a girl strolling by
I've been here a while

Name: Rishy

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 22nd 2013, 02:33 PM

I agree with Hailey, glad to hear this place has helped you a lot.

[left]

"Imperfection is beauty;
madness is genius;
and its better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."

-Marilyn Monroe

(#4 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 22nd 2013, 07:20 PM

Hi Mark, that's really good to hear that TH has helped you Your welcome, I'm always here if you ever want to talk Hope things continue to improve for you

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 23rd 2013, 12:40 AM

I am so glad that we have been able to help you out like this, it's awesome!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 24th 2013, 03:58 AM

To be honest, all of you have made a difference to me and have given me more than enough reasons to keep holding on. I actually believe that I didn't just join here not only to help others and make new friends along the way, but to also have something to resort to in case I ever fall into the temptation of going into the dark roads again. This is more like a contigency plan to stop myself from doing something reckless. So, once again, thank you all for being so considerate, and I'll continue to carry on no matter what.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 24th 2013, 05:00 PM

I'm very glad to read that you've found TH to be helpful to you! I like that you're keeping up with being positive now. Your positivity is an inspiration to others and after a while, I expect others will follow and become more positive about the troubles they've faced. You're doing wonderfully Mark.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 24th 2013, 10:28 PM

Thank you Sarah! This means a lot to hear that from you, and I can only hope that others will become more positive about the hardships and troubles they've experienced. Once again, thank you.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 25th 2013, 05:42 AM

That's great that this website has helped you...it's helped me too.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A Token of Appreciation - October 26th 2013, 05:09 AM

I couldn't agree more, and good to hear that this website has helped you too.

Closed Thread