TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   how do i change my reputation at school? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t125800-how-do-i-change-my-reputation-school/)

olive98 November 22nd 2013 04:05 PM

how do i change my reputation at school?

which are some ways to help my reputation at school? i want to be smart or for people to think it. my exbf told his friends that i like doing things with boys and i don't want to be known for it :'(

HotJazzCP November 24th 2013 06:31 PM

Re: how do i change my reputation at school?

Hello there,

Getting a better reputation at school, does take some time. The unfortunate rumours that could of been spread at your school may be hard to shake off but do not let that hurt you. You always will have some friends who will help you; talking to them should help you to start the transition. Slowly try to branch of and talk to people, ignore any comments of which you may find some offence too, and hopefully that should be a good start.

Good luck!

cjhitt123 November 25th 2013 05:43 AM

I know exactly what you are going through. All you have to do is take it one step at a time. For instance you said you want to be/sound smart, so every once in a while raise your hand. Only do this it you know your answer is correct though. Also, STUDY! Good luck, and I hope things work out for you . If you every need someone to talk to just PM me. :)

Skeleton November 25th 2013 11:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your ex-boyfriend has decided to spread rumours about you but don't let them get you down, they are only rumours and if you don't pay any attention to them, they might just die down. As for your reputation, I'd say that it is something that needs to be worked at, if you want to have a reputation as being smart then being a good student would be a good place to start, making sure that you do the work given in class and for at home, participating in class, etc. and in time, it'll pay off and you'll have also done well.

olive98 November 29th 2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotJazzCP (Post 1081606)
Hello there,

Getting a better reputation at school, does take some time. The unfortunate rumours that could of been spread at your school may be hard to shake off but do not let that hurt you. You always will have some friends who will help you; talking to them should help you to start the transition. Slowly try to branch of and talk to people, ignore any comments of which you may find some offence too, and hopefully that should be a good start.

Good luck!

ignoring ok i'll try that. it does feel good to not think of the rumor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjhitt123 (Post 1081745)
I know exactly what you are going through. All you have to do is take it one step at a time. For instance you said you want to be/sound smart, so every once in a while raise your hand. Only do this it you know your answer is correct though. Also, STUDY! Good luck, and I hope things work out for you . If you every need someone to talk to just PM me. :)

sounds good i'll raise my hand when i know for sure, its fun :) thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeleton (Post 1081933)
I'm sorry to hear that your ex-boyfriend has decided to spread rumours about you but don't let them get you down, they are only rumours and if you don't pay any attention to them, they might just die down. As for your reputation, I'd say that it is something that needs to be worked at, if you want to have a reputation as being smart then being a good student would be a good place to start, making sure that you do the work given in class and for at home, participating in class, etc. and in time, it'll pay off and you'll have also done well.

i sneezed and i sighed after by accident and some1 said 'i think she just orgasmed' :(
i'll try to participate in a better way.

Pirouette November 30th 2013 12:04 AM

Hey there,
A good way to improve your reputation at school is to become more active in your classes. Try participating more by raising your hand and answering/asking questions(meaningful ones, not redundancy). I would also encourage you to try taking more part in school-related activities such as sports and clubs/organizations. Obviously, this takes time and if there are rumors being spread, don't let them get to you. Yes, I know that people will bother you about it and they may make fun of you about it, but just ignore it and focus on improving your reputation. Over time, people will forget things of the past and will notice the new you. Also, another way to get a reputation as a smart person is offering to help other people around you that are struggling. Trust me, if you start tutoring other people, you will earn a reputation as a smart person in a quick matter of time. I hope this helps and good luck on this. :)

~Rishy

olive98 November 30th 2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOnlyGirl~ (Post 1082542)
Hey there,
A good way to improve your reputation at school is to become more active in your classes. Try participating more by raising your hand and answering/asking questions(meaningful ones, not redundancy). I would also encourage you to try taking more part in school-related activities such as sports and clubs/organizations. Obviously, this takes time and if there are rumors being spread, don't let them get to you. Yes, I know that people will bother you about it and they may make fun of you about it, but just ignore it and focus on improving your reputation. Over time, people will forget things of the past and will notice the new you. Also, another way to get a reputation as a smart person is offering to help other people around you that are struggling. Trust me, if you start tutoring other people, you will earn a reputation as a smart person in a quick matter of time. I hope this helps and good luck on this. :)

~Rishy

even though i'm not a good student i have been teachers pet the last 2 years because i sit up the front a lot and talk to my favourite teacher.
i've been tutored a lot so it would be pretty unique for me to be a tutor too :) i'll try to. thanks i will do a lot of things to be involved, i play tennis but will add some more things for sure :)

Nightblood. November 30th 2013 02:59 PM

Okay, to be honest, the best way to stop that reputation is to not be with all these guys. You talk about different boyfriends a lot, and even if you aren't doing anything with them perhaps this is where the rumors are coming from.

The Friendly Star December 1st 2013 05:33 AM

anything from doing something for the school maybe a charity event shows your willing and supportive for your community that may give you a better reputation, i was never the one with great reputation for the right reasons at schools always acting the idiot, and being thrown out of lesson sneaking outside for a cigerette:bleh:

olive98 December 1st 2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Friendly Star (Post 1082756)
anything from doing something for the school maybe a charity event shows your willing and supportive for your community that may give you a better reputation, i was never the one with great reputation for the right reasons at schools always acting the idiot, and being thrown out of lesson sneaking outside for a cigerette:bleh:

i use to sneak out of school early to go to my bfs car but i won't do that again :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauntless (Post 1082582)
Okay, to be honest, the best way to stop that reputation is to not be with all these guys. You talk about different boyfriends a lot, and even if you aren't doing anything with them perhaps this is where the rumors are coming from.

cos someone read my posts + recognized me and told everyone? :o

Nightblood. December 1st 2013 05:31 PM

No, but I'm assuming that if you're dating someone it's not a secret.