TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 06:33 AM

I need help and I can't phone someone all the time for various reasons.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 02:39 PM

Hey!

I'm glad you're reaching out for help, that's great! I understand that it can be annoying when the Forums aren't active enough for you and you don't receive replies to your threads as quickly as you'd like to but a lot of us here (probably) are in school, college or university and it's near the end of the year. That means lot of school work, study and final exams to dread and unwillingly attend to. Yet others may just have busy schedules and a lot of stuff going on in their real lives that drag their attention.

When you understand this, I think the inactivity won't bother you as much as it did before. Then again, you could always consider Live Help (when it's available, of course) or sending a PM to someone you think will be able to help you. I'm not sure how fast HelpLink is but you could try that too, I suppose.

I hope this helps a bit. Again, this is only temporary and when summer break comes, this place will be bustling with people again.

Take care.
Love. - xx

This user is no longer active on site.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 03:04 PM

There's always LiveHelp and HelpLink (if HelpLink is working again, I'm not sure). I'm sorry you aren't receiving the amount of help you need from this site. I think seeing a professional would be beneficial for you. What I'm about to say isn't to be mean, but have you thought that maybe people aren't replying to your threads much because you haven't been taking suggestions given to you in threads and chat? You've even said you don't want to work for happiness, you want it handed to you. This kind of mindset makes it very difficult for people to help and it gets frustrating trying to help someone who won't do the work. I truly think you should seek help from a professional who is better trained to help you.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 05:54 PM

Sometimes it does take like a couple of days for people to reply to threads... this isn't because people are like actually ignoring you or your thread it might be that the people that are seeing your threads may not how to reply.... also lots of threads/posts are posted to the message boards and sometimes threads do get bumped down or or not noticed because of the number of threads and posts that are like posted in or made etc each day.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 07:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel like you're getting enough support here.

Like other people have said, you have to remember that we're all people, and a lot of us have other things to attend to offsite. A lot of people work or go to school or have children and a family to take care of. For instance, I have school and various appointments throughout the week for my treatment so I am slower to get to things on some days. Last week I was sick and I was slower and waited on most of my messages until I could give them my full attention.

You should also take into consideration the fact that TeenHelp is a safe place for many people, and a lot of us will log in when we're struggling to help keep us distracted, but we'll wait to answer threads and do other things when we're not struggling as much. We have to take care of ourselves before we can try to help other people.

Someone said that people will read threads and return to them later and that's definitely true. Sometimes I read threads while in a waiting room or while I'm taking a break that day and I respond to them later. Coming back to threads at a later time allows people to formulate their response.

It is understandable that you can't call someone all the time. If TeenHelp isn't active enough for you, don't use it as a main support. Use it together with self-help or distractions or anything that helps you keep safe. If you're in a life threatening situation, call a hotline or take yourself to a medical center instead of waiting for a reply to your thread.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 08:05 PM

On average there's less than 10 members online at a time. And the chat is usually empty. This place used to be a lot more active. I know there's nothing I can do about it, but I just needed to rant.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 08:10 PM

Yeah, it isn't as active as it used to be, but do know that all the active members care a lot about everyone on here. I hope ranting helped you feel a little bit better.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 09:09 PM

The chat room isn't as abusy as it usually is but usually I am in the chatroom - so if im in there you can always log in you may find it helpful to come to the faciliated discussions?The discussions are every saturday evening/afternoon/morning depending on your time zone...there are people in the chatroom... and have been for most of the day..

Videos team

(#9 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 10:01 PM

Whenever I try to talk to you in chat, you are always away. And FD's are only on Saturdays. What if I need help at other times? And the topic of discussions aren't my choice.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 3rd 2016, 10:31 PM

Sometimes I am logged into chat and might be away from the keyboard for like 5 or so minuets but if you wait a few minuets before logging out I will reply 90% of the time occaisonally I may like idle out....I'm not saying just come to the FD's its just the FD's can be like a really good way to get help on a specfic subject...

Videos team

(#11 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 4th 2016, 05:45 AM

I'm falling apart.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
LifeTheRonWay Offline
I live to serve
Average Joe

Name: Ron

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 4th 2016, 02:01 PM

Hey there,
I'm sorry you feel like you aren't getting adequate responses to your posts. It is important to remember sometimes users can't always reply, such as you said, for various reasons.
Some people have forums they tend to avoid, sometimes people don't know what to say. I think all this applies especially if a thread is marked triggering. Some users see the warning and go straight past it because that's the last thing they want to do, is trigger themselves.

I've checked out the last couple of your threads. It seems some were a sentence long and somewhat vague. It can be hard to give advice and formulate a response in those situations as people have no idea what is going on other than the fact that you're upset or depressed, because that's the category you posted in.
Give some thought to making a very detailed post of what is happening, what is bothering you, what makes you feel this way, what triggers what you're feeling. Keep in mind our knowledge of your situation is limited to the things you tell us in the threads you post.
Ultimately remember we're here to help and support you, but you must first choose to accept and utilize that support.

-Ron

Revenge is a poison meant for others that we end up swallowing ourselves.
Vengeance is a dark light that blinds all who seek it.
The untroubled soul knows there is no justice in revenge.
The untroubled soul knows that to seek vengeance, is to seek destruction.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Destroyprophecy Offline
Average Joe

Re: Forums aren't active enough - May 9th 2016, 05:53 AM

You can message me! I feel the same way and on here for support too

Closed Thread