TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kelsey

Blogs? Subscriptions? - May 24th 2016, 02:20 PM

Hey all,
So it's been a LONG time since I've been active and I can't figure out if things changed or I'm just a tech noob :P How can I make blog following easier? Just now discovered that a lot of people have private blogs for friends. What else does a "friend" do? Do they have more access or something? Or just blogs?

Subscribing... Can you like subscribe to your own blog to get notification on comments? When you press the "subscribe blog entry" button on "recent entries", does that just subscribe to that post or that whole user's blog? How do you view subscriptions for blogs...? I honestly don't know what the point of the subscribe button is.

I see an option is "no email notification" but I don't see what notification there is...?

we've escaped our capture

Laugh loudly, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, stay in the moment, get that adrenaline pumpin', deep breaths, be easy on yourself <3 PM me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Blogs? Subscriptions? - May 24th 2016, 06:49 PM

Currently you wouldn't receive any email notifications as our email system is down.

Blogs that are marked "private" are only seen by by who is in your contact list. You wouldn't see anyone else's Blog if they've marked it private.

I believe you can subscribe to Blogs, however you can always check back in to the Blog you are following. For myself I do that. For Blog comments on your Blog, you can set this to no comments, or you can moderate the comments before they are posted, and you can set the comments to open for anyone to comment. Usually I check my Blog and scroll down to see if there's any recent comments. You can also do this on the right side of the Blog list, it shows the recent comments and below is the Blog title. (I hope that makes sense)

I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions let us know!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Blogs? Subscriptions? - May 26th 2016, 10:31 PM

Like it's been said, the email system is down. But, I am subscribed to several blogs and when the system was up I'd get an email and it would just be a copy of that person's blog post.

If you're on someone's friend's list, you can also see their private albums (if any). But that's all you get access to, as far as I know.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Blogs? Subscriptions? - May 26th 2016, 11:00 PM

Is there another way you will be notified, like on this website, about a blog subscription? Like is "No Email" a setting where it notifies you somehow? I guess I'm just wondering what the point in subscribing is?

Laugh loudly, sing like no one's listening, dance like no one's watching, stay in the moment, get that adrenaline pumpin', deep breaths, be easy on yourself <3 PM me

(#5 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Blogs? Subscriptions? - May 26th 2016, 11:15 PM

Right now no one gets email notifications. When the email system was up and you were subscribed to something you would get an email version of it whether it was a thread, social group, blog, etc. But since the email system is down no one gets emails anymore. So I guess currently you could say the subscription feature on TeenHelp is down as well.

Rob is working on fixing the email system currently and I'm sure he will make an announcement for when it's up and running.

If it's your own blog comments you're trying to keep track of you could try checking your blog yourself to see if there's anything new by either looking at the recent comments section or in the bottom right hand corner of the blog post preview that shows the number of comments on that blog.

If you're trying to keep track of someone else's blog, checking the recent entries page often should suffice to see if they've posted. Not many blogs are posted daily and it usually takes a day and a half or so for them to continue to the next page.

I get that it's not very convenient right now, trust me I do. But it's something we just have to deal with until the email system is back up.

Hope I helped some even though I can't fix what you'd like to be able to use. x

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DomoKay Offline
Fire behind her eyes
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Blogs? Subscriptions? - May 27th 2016, 12:11 AM

Ohhhh, okay that makes sense now!!! I was super confused, but now I see that it is down. For some reason I thought there was like a control panel where it showed new comments, subscribed threads, VMs all on one place? I'm guessing I'm just mistaken. Yeah, no worries, I will look forward to the announcement!

Thanks for the tips!!

Closed Thread