TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riiga Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

[edited] keeps calling me from Estonia. - August 30th 2017, 01:55 PM

Hi guys. Quick question. I have gotten a call from Estonia, even though I am sure that I didn't give my phone number to ANYONE. Who could it be? Perhaps the police, even though I am 100% sure I didnt do anything wrong?

Last edited by arepo; September 3rd 2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Please do not post identifying information without the person's consent as per the Code of Conduct.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: [edited] keeps calling me from Estonia. - September 3rd 2017, 01:20 AM

Perhaps it's a scam or spam call? I get them here all the time, fake calls saying I owe money to somewhere, saying I've "won" a cruise, you name it. Maybe that's what this is. Try blocking the number.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: [edited] keeps calling me from Estonia. - September 3rd 2017, 01:22 AM

Hey there, I first wanted to let you know that I've moved your thread over to a more appropriate forum for what you are asking.

It can certainly be worrying and scary to receive calls from a number you don't recognize. This is often because someone is trying to contact whoever had your phone number before you. Phone numbers are recycled, so it is likely. As Dez said as well, these calls can also be spam.

When I get calls from numbers I don't recognize I will let them go to voicemail the first few times, but if they start to call regularly there's two things I will do to sort it out.

The first thing I'll do if they keep calling is just answer. I know it can be scary, but it's often the easiest and fastest solution to get the calls to stop. If it's a person calling who's trying to reach someone else, I'll let them know the person they're trying to reach no longer has this number. If it's an automated message it will usually give you an option to inform them of the same thing, but each company will have different options. You can also often speak to a representative to let them know so they can take your number out of their registry. If that doesn't work or it's simply a spam call, then I will block the number. Although, the process of doing so depends on what phone you have and the carrier you use.

If you are very worried and don't feel comfortable or know how to do these things then I suggest speaking to your parent or guardian to help you.

I hope you get this sorted out soon! I know calls like this can be unnerving.
Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: [edited] keeps calling me from Estonia. - September 3rd 2017, 11:39 AM

Hey there,
I looked up that number and it says it is from the USA, Fedex. I don't want to confuse you more though because you said the call is from Estonia.

Something that I do if I get regular calls from the same number and they're not leaving a message, i then answer the call. Often times it would be the wrong number and it gets sorted out on the spot. Like it has been said different companies would have different options. Some companies have a digit you can press or an ext. That will take you off the calling list and they won't contact you anymore

Spam and scams usually leave messages from what I know. And if not, often times a quick google search can lead you to finding out if it is a scam. If it is, i would block their number

(#5 (permalink)) Old
tonyquart Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: [edited] keeps calling me from Estonia. - September 6th 2017, 12:21 AM

Most of those calls are coming from spammers or scammers. They might just spoofed the numbers and pretended to call from Estonia. I suggest you to just ignore those calls if you don't recognize the numbers. If you do know the caller, and you don't want to be called, just tell them so (like calls from telemarketers), and they should obey your request. If they don't, you could even sue them, like what I have read at Lemberg Law's website about someone who sued a company after getting multiple robocalls. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread