TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Unhappy GoFundMe - November 15th 2018, 12:54 PM

My father died on Veteran's day. I had to make a GoFundMe to help my mother out. Am I allowed to share on here? If not, can I share with who ever wants to help out (donations, sharing, advocating etc)?

We are really in a difficult situation and it would mean the world to me with whoever is able to help.

Thank you.

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: GoFundMe - November 16th 2018, 05:16 PM

Hello,

Firstly I want to say that I am sorry about your father. I hope you are okay.

It's unfortunate but as a general rule of thumb we do not allow the sharing of go fund me's or similar sites.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: GoFundMe - November 19th 2018, 04:59 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that your father passed away. TeenHelp is here for you if you need to vent or ask questions. Have you posted in our Death and Grieving forum? It's a place where you can ask for advice and others who have had losses can share some suggestions or advice.

Social media is a way you can ask for help for GoFundMe. If you have a Twitter or Facebook, you can post that link there. You never know when someone may see it and may donate. If you are really struggling, you can contact a newspaper to see if they can run a story with your GoFundMe story.

Again, I am really sorry you are going through all of this. You aren't alone, you have us here at TeenHelp.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: GoFundMe - November 19th 2018, 05:18 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Chelle. It's never easy losing someone, and the costs of everything that comes with it is a ridiculous burden that no grieving individual should have to bear.

I think MsNobleEleanor has given some useful tips about utilizing our forms, and I would like to extend that by pointing out that you can also use HelpLINK for support and advice as well as the chat room and blogging features.

Social media is fantastic as well, as stated above. You can also create a memorial page for your father, something to honor his memory. I don't know if he has made it so his Facebook account is memorialized (I think that's the term) but if it is and you have access, you can post something on his behalf. Though, don't take my word for it, because I think Facebook might actually disable any activity (to prevent hacker abuse) on that account and only allow posts to be made on the memorial wall.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
mvik57 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: GoFundMe - November 28th 2018, 09:33 AM

wow... poor you

Closed Thread