TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

deleting posts - August 5th 2019, 09:15 PM

hello poeple this is my first post in a long time i was wondering can i delete posts i made a long time ago ? because i dont want people to find something out

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Special Agent Offline
Live Help Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Junior

Re: deleting posts - August 6th 2019, 01:28 AM

Hi There-

Unfortunately, we are not allowed to delete any posts per TeenHelp's Legal Policy which I will quote for you below...

Quote:
The user understands that they can request that their account is deleted from the site but that this may not extend to all content they have previously placed on the site.
You are allowed to request your account be deleted now but we are still not allowed to delete user submitted content. If you are interested in requesting your account be deleted (CLICK HERE) Please keep in mind that requests for account deletion can take up to one month to be processed and all your posts will still be posted on the site after your account has been deleted. Please keep in mind that once an account is deleted it cannot be undone and will remain deleted forever!

If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to PM me!

-Jr.
Moderating Team

-Jr.

"your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."

-Nido Qubein

Live Help Mentor | HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: deleting posts - August 6th 2019, 09:30 AM

Hi there,

As Junior said, we can't delete any posts that you have made. If there is anything more I can help you with, please feel free to message me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: deleting posts - August 6th 2019, 12:42 PM

I wanted to clarify that you can request to have posts deleted, but that's only if you're requesting to have your entire account deleted and it's not a guarantee. You have the option to list specific posts on the form when you submit it. I'm not sure if that's what you want to do though and beyond the account deletion form that's where my knowledge ends (and probably most anyone else's beyond a few people).

Depending on the amount of posts you want to remove and the content within them (if that's all you want to do - not fully delete your account) you could send Rob a PM to discuss that further. There's things that are taken into consideration when posts are removed for account deletion, but I can't imagine if what's posted was very specific/identifying he wouldn't be willing to work with you.

If it helps, I really don't think anyone would accidentally stumble upon your posts unless they're deliberately searching for it. Even still, the internet is so vast that it often takes specific phrases to find something that should be straight forward on a search engine. These days TeenHelp is rarely on the front page of any results anyway.

I don't know what you posted about nor do I want to go digging for the sake of your privacy, but try not to worry over it. If it does bother you that much (and it's understandable if it does), shoot Rob a PM because as I mentioned he's really the only one who could help you out there. It's been awhile, but I imagine individual forum moderators are still unable to make the call on removing posts at a user's request. This is just assumptions on my part, so please don't take my answers as 100% fact. I'm no longer on Staff and was never involved with the account deletion process.

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: deleting posts - August 7th 2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
I don't know what you posted about nor do I want to go digging for the sake of your privacy, but try not to worry over it. If it does bother you that much (and it's understandable if it does), shoot Rob a PM because as I mentioned he's really the only one who could help you out there. It's been awhile, but I imagine individual forum moderators are still unable to make the call on removing posts at a user's request. This is just assumptions on my part, so please don't take my answers as 100% fact. I'm no longer on Staff and was never involved with the account deletion process.
This is true! I've suggested in the past that people PM Rob to either remove or edit things and he normally is willing to as long as it's reasonable.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
AMA on teenhelp Offline
im just a dead man walking
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: deleting posts - August 9th 2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothesis. View Post

This is true! I've suggested in the past that people PM Rob to either remove or edit things and he normally is willing to as long as it's reasonable.
THANK YOU ALL I DID THAT!

it takes a strong man to deny whats right in front of him and if the truth is undeniable you create your own

Closed Thread