TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Current Events and Debates (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/)
-   -   USA West Coast wildfires (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f38-current-events-debates/t160414-usa-west-coast-wildfires/)

Mallika September 11th 2020 12:47 PM

USA West Coast wildfires

Hi,

I've been seeing devastating photos of the wildfires in California and the other states in the western coast of the US all over social media and the news. They look really terrifying, and the orangish skies look straight out of a horror movie. If you live in any of these places, I really hope that you and your family are doing fine.

Stay safe :hug:

DeletedAccount69 September 11th 2020 10:23 PM

Re: USA West Coast wildfires

I live in the general vicinity of one of the fires. It is definitely quite scary. Hopefully they will be able to get it contained sometime soon! I hope that everyone else who is impacted and having to evacuate will be okay!

Dawn. September 12th 2020 02:56 AM

I've seen a few photos as well. It is definitely scary and reminded me of when we had the fires over here (Australia). I hope everyone is OK.

Mallika September 12th 2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. (Post 1356009)
I live in the general vicinity of one of the fires. It is definitely quite scary. Hopefully they will be able to get it contained sometime soon! I hope that everyone else who is impacted and having to evacuate will be okay!

Oh my!! I really hope that the fires will die out/get extinguished soon, though they are of such a massive scale. It's sad to think that so many forests and homes had to be burned out as a result of a gender reveal party.

Stay safe!!

Mallika September 12th 2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight. (Post 1356021)
I've seen a few photos as well. It is definitely scary and reminded me of when we had the fires over here (Australia). I hope everyone is OK.

The Australia bushfires were a really scary time too. I really hope that these fires will be under control soon!

Rivière September 12th 2020 09:44 PM

My friend lives near the fires. He was telling me that it's so orange and grey every time he looked outside and all he can smell is smoke. :(

Panda Solo September 13th 2020 01:21 AM

I live in North Cal in the valley area. We don't have any visible nearby fire site, but the air is really suffocating with burned plastic smell, and the Sun has always be shadowned by thick clouds with dust. It must be really bad for people who have to work in the open.

Mallika September 13th 2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivière (Post 1356040)
My friend lives near the fires. He was telling me that it's so orange and grey every time he looked outside and all he can smell is smoke. :(

Gosh, it's really bad for respiratory health. Hope he's taking care not too go out too much :?:'(

Mallika September 13th 2020 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda Solo (Post 1356041)
I live in North Cal in the valley area. We don't have any visible nearby fire site, but the air is really suffocating with burned plastic smell, and the Sun has always be shadowned by thick clouds with dust. It must be really bad for people who have to work in the open.

Oh my :?

It must be so hard to go about doing daily tasks. As if the pandemic lockdown isn't enough, these have further forced people to stay indoors. I hope you're taking good care of yourself! Perhaps using air purifiers (like the kind that keep out dust/pollen) in the house might be useful to keep out the smoke/ash?

Arabesque- golfing girl. September 13th 2020 11:27 AM

Sending everyone Hugs. Hope that you are all safe and will be okay soon.

DeletedAccount59 September 13th 2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallika (Post 1356030)
Oh my!! I really hope that the fires will die out/get extinguished soon, though they are of such a massive scale. It's sad to think that so many forests and homes had to be burned out as a result of a gender reveal party.

Stay safe!!

One of the fires is a result of that gender reveal party, the other fires had already been going for a while.

Mallika September 15th 2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melancholia. (Post 1356054)

One of the fires is a result of that gender reveal party, the other fires had already been going for a while.

Oh wow, I see. I really hope that they will be able to contain all the fires soon. They destroy so many homes and forests :?

DeletedAccount59 September 15th 2020 12:15 PM

I don't mean to sound so dismissive, but it is wildfire season in California. The fires get pretty bad around September and October every single year. This year seems to be the worst for numerous reasons, from the strange storm season to the already on-going coronavirus pandemic. All we can do is provide emotional, psychological, and financial support to our friends (human and animal) in California, as well as the rest of the Western US, and hope it gets under control soon.

Mallika September 16th 2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melancholia. (Post 1356084)
I don't mean to sound so dismissive, but it is wildfire season in California. The fires get pretty bad around September and October every single year. This year seems to be the worst for numerous reasons, from the strange storm season to the already on-going coronavirus pandemic. All we can do is provide emotional, psychological, and financial support to our friends (human and animal) in California, as well as the rest of the Western US, and hope it gets under control soon.

That's true :D

This year has indeed been pretty bad in many respects, here's to hoping that better days will come :hug:

Alisa Weaver September 17th 2020 11:05 AM

This is all very scary. Last year Siberia and Australia were on fire, thousands of animals and birds died, and irreparable damage was done to nature. Now the catastrophe has reached us. I want to believe in the best, but the circumstances are still terrifying.

Bestortcom September 25th 2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallika (Post 1356083)
Oh wow, I see. I really hope that they will be able to contain all the fires soon. They destroy so many homes and forests :?

This is terrible.*)