TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Selling Wii, Need help convinving my mother (ha ha) - June 27th 2009, 10:34 PM

Basically ive had a WII for 2 years, played it for the first 2 months, played it the odd days, absoutley pointless for the past 1 year 6 months, A little while ago i asked my mum (as it was a present) if she would mind me selling it, She said no she was going to buy wii fit for it and play and use it, It never happened, im buying a PS3 and am trying to make 300 and the WII could be a big part of that, i can make a total of 140 off of it, te rest i have in cash or plan on making by selling some stuff on ebay, anyway i asked her if she minded, i explained how we never use it (she tried to use the same excuse) and i said
"well you never will and its useless and i may aswell put the money towards something that i will use alot more than that"
she said
"mmm"
i said
"You havent bought wii fit or anything for it in the past 6 months, and you put it in my room and i dont use it, i would rather buy a PS3 and actually use it"
she said
"ill think about it"

its 2 days later and i found the excahnge to be more than if i sold it, i cant buy the PS3 yet as im like 40 off the price (includin if i traded the WII in), i want to trade it in before the trade price goes down, and i know that shes planning a "no!" so im thinking me of saying

"if i sell it now, and you miss it and want to play on it again and feel like you miss it, me and my brother will split the money and buy you a new one for christmas" then its hers and she can do what she wants with it.

I also know if i catch her on the wrong moment she will just say no or "Stop bringing it up!" so i need a time when shes relaxed and i can have my say without her stressing out.

Im 18 its my WII and its doing my head in the fact im not aloud to do what i want with it.

Sorry its a long post, Any help please

I know it sounds bad but meh i need help and this is always a good place

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: Selling Wii, Need help convinving my mother (ha ha) - June 27th 2009, 10:49 PM

Hi Robin

Wiis arent that great. I was given it as a presentm used it for a week, then left it there for almost a year. In the end I decided to swap it because my pool table got in the way & since I play pool & not Wii - I traded my Wii for an LG Viewty & Ipod Touch. Im 23 & still scared of what will be said if they found out my wii was gone....in that way I can completely understand where you are coming from.

Wish I could help you, but like you said its your life, your 18 & its your wii.

Just try to be honest. Honesty is the best policy

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Robin Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Robin

Re: Selling Wii, Need help convinving my mother (ha ha) - June 27th 2009, 11:03 PM

Yer, Its a real pain because its in my room aswell, so i get to stare at it thinking how a sleek PS3 could be there, Yer im going to comfront her tommorow morning (Shes a morning person) and just tell her straight, I should probably say (if it isnt resolved) that im selling it as it is mine in the nicest way possible.

Cheers for the advice, keep it coming

Robin

Closed Thread