TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 03:39 PM

Mods feel free to move this

Lately life's been good enjoyable, but sometimes something'll happen and I'll get that stomach turning, twisting sickness that starts in your stomach and works its way up to your mouth, but i cannot cry!

I just want to let it all go, get LOADS of tension out and just cry :/ but I cant...

Kind of a weird question, but any tips? Or do you know something that'd make me cry? Sure things upset me, but no tears come anymore...

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angilea. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 04:53 PM

try Onions...

There is only one person who could ever
make you happy, and that person is you.

Send a message via MSN to Angilea.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 04:58 PM

LOL! They actually don't affect me that badly Plus I love them

Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
OurLovesSublime Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 06:24 PM

I’ve had days like that loads of times… I know this sounds depressing but I usually go take a long long shower because it’s somewhere where I can really be alone and relax and just think long and hard about things… If I need to I’ll bring up things from the past that have really upset me to get the tears started. After that I’ll reflect on my current issues and usually I can get the cry at a decent flow by the hehe. By the time my shower is over I feel a ton better. Plus, for some reason crying in the shower is more soothing compared to crying locked in a bedroom or something. Usually if I do that I end up feeling 10x worse.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi87 View Post
I’ve had days like that loads of times… I know this sounds depressing but I usually go take a long long shower because it’s somewhere where I can really be alone and relax and just think long and hard about things… If I need to I’ll bring up things from the past that have really upset me to get the tears started. After that I’ll reflect on my current issues and usually I can get the cry at a decent flow by the hehe. By the time my shower is over I feel a ton better. Plus, for some reason crying in the shower is more soothing compared to crying locked in a bedroom or something. Usually if I do that I end up feeling 10x worse.
Oooh I likey I'll give it a go , just hate it all being locked up inside

(#6 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 09:06 PM

Put on a sad song... those can make me weep for hours. Also, try finding some alone time. It can be hard to cry on command... you need time to really relax and let yourself feel that release. You can read a sad book, too if that would help.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 10:08 PM

Watch a sad movie, here are some:
My Sisters Keeper
Pearl Harbor(the ending)
P.S. I love you
The Notebook
Romeo and Juliet
A Walk to Remember
Titanic
Simon Birch

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexico View Post
Watch a sad movie, here are some:
My Sisters Keeper
Pearl Harbor(the ending)
P.S. I love you
The Notebook
Romeo and Juliet
A Walk to Remember
Titanic
Simon Birch
Just to add to this list:
I Am Sam made me CRY my eyes out for HOURS.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Firefighter 48 Offline
Firefighter/ EMT-B
Average Joe

Name: Mike

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 19th 2009, 10:32 PM

One of the nurses had us watch "Simon Birch" at the psychiatric hospital... aren't they supposed to help us and not make us more depressed? lol
  Send a message via MSN to Firefighter 48  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 20th 2009, 08:17 AM

Oooh I'll make a note of getting hold of them!! Thank youu

(#11 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 20th 2009, 08:30 AM

The only time I ever truly cry is when I'm feeling bad and talking to my girlfriend about it. I guess because I feel like she's giving me permission to let it out by talking to me about it or something. I'm not sure if you have anyone you could talk to things about? It works best over text/IM so you don't try to control it or need to talk or anything

~Cody

Normal User

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 20th 2009, 08:40 PM

I start crying when I see family members cry, or if someone REALLY close to me has gotten deathly sick...or worse...

Or when I see my mom upset because I failed at something. Then I take a long shower to clear my head. Cause you can cry in the shower, and it won't seem 'sudden' because you're already wet, don't you know.

...I can't cry in front of other people, though. And you could say something REALLY terrible to me, but I still won't cry. Heck, even when my dog died, I didn't cry until 5 nights later, right before I fell asleep. (It happened when I was on vacation, so it didn't hit me until I got home and noticed that for the first time, she wasn't there.)

I guess some people are really good at holding in their emotions like that, because I don't really act happy when I feel good, either. I guess I'm indifferent.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
o0lostlove0o Offline
Trapped in a Fairy Tale.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lee - Suh.

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 25th 2009, 10:20 AM

Hm, I know that feeling all too well.

In my experience, I cry when I let all the feelings out. That happens in mostly two ways. One would be me talking to a friend about it. Either on the phone, in person, on texts or IM. Anything where you get stuff off your chest and just full-on rant. It helps to talk or write or type it out. Because then you actually get rid of it in your mind and get it out on some form of communication. Even if no one else sees it.

Oh! And another one... It involves creativity. And it actually works. For me, at least.

If you just want to cry for no real reason, then do this. Think of a situation. Say, pretend that you're someone who was hurt by your significant other. Like, really hurt. Cheated on, maybe. And you're so upset about it that you're thinking about running away. But then that person who hurt you stops you just when you're about to. And then continue with a conversation on how it would go.

You can do something like that with a real situation you're in. Like, imagine stuff... "what if..." It does work, at least, for me. I guess it's kind of like...doing a weird combination of text-based role play and acting. And, if you're really into it, and start talking aloud or muttering to get into the part, then it does affect you. At times when I did that, even with the most random scenarios, I actually started to tear up.

Ah, well. I tried. xD
Bottom line: get into why you feel that way, and what you really really want to do. the extremes. And imagine what would happen. And get into the feeling. The tears would come...eventually.

[ Life ] keeps going on,
No matter how much it
hurts.
Just take a deep -- breath -->.
< Smile. >

And move on.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Dracopyreheart Offline
The Goddess Incarnate
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: It be Chrissi

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 25th 2009, 11:51 AM

I've often wanted to cry a lot, but been unable to as well. Often what I do is to read a particularly sad scene from a book and then act out my reaction if (say a character had been killed) I was close to that character.

Like this morning. I wanted to cry because I was unable to sleep well. The night before I had read a scene in the 2nd Vampire Academy book, where Mason Ashford, a novice at St Vladimir's Academy, was killed by a Stirigoi (evil vampire) when he had gone back to save Rosalie Hathaway, a "shadow-kissed" (brought back from the dead) dhampir (half vampire - like all novices), from being killed by both Isiah and Elena, two Stirigoi. Elena had killed Mason. I sat there, imagining the scene - myself, curled in a ball, tears welling in my eyes. Rose coming up to me, to see if I was okay. Me screaming at her, saying it was her fault that Mason died.

And then I cried. Before I had read that, I often had a feeling that if I was going to St Vladimir's Academy, Mason would probably be my Rose (as in the person who was meant to be my protector, my guardian, when I graduated from the Academy.).

Try doing that:

BEST SCENES
When Edward leaves Bella in New Moon
When Mason dies in Vampire Academy 2: Frostbite.

I can't think of any others...

Hope this helps!

x
Chrissi

No one cares about me.
So why should I care?

Allow me to close my eyes
One last final time.
  Send a message via MSN to Dracopyreheart  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: How to cry it all out??? - October 25th 2009, 08:55 PM

Hm I've had this problem many times. My solution is usually to turn up my iPod to full volume with depressing songs about death or losing people playing. I just sit for ages thinking about people I've lost and going through my photo album and wishing they were still here.
Might not work for you but it tends to have me sobbing after a while..

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

Closed Thread