TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ThePunkAlien Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Josh

Thumbs down THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 25th 2010, 12:45 AM

THE REBEL YELL!!!

Quote:
Well I won’t be caught living in a dead end job
While praying to my government guns and gods
Now it's us against them
We’re here to represent
To spit right in the face of the establishment.
I've found that as I grow older I get more and more to rebel against. When I was growing up I was an outcast but didn't really rebel because I was afraid my adoptive parents would throw me out. As I grow older the rebel yell has grown louder. I guess it comes from my biological father, he was a renegade - I'm a punk.

I'm entering the world soon and I don't like what I see. Yeah, I have an internship - but I've also got an economy where getting a job to support myself is gonna be fucking impossible. I'm on my own, on the wrong side of the tracks facing off against the man. Due to being adopted, I'm like a second-class citizen with no access to any of my files such as medical that a lot of others have access to. Am I angry? I'm fucking seriously pissed at the state the world is in and that it seems like it'll take a while until things are set right. So, yeah - I'm angry. I'm a writer and all my characters are rebels, hell one film - if done right will inspire riots! A friend and I took to trashing certain places & breaking into them just to leave the message, "Yeah, we might be poor - but, we're not going to let you hold us down. Bring on the heat!" It was fucking fun as hell, being able to get back at the 'haves' at the way up top that keep widening the gap between the elite douche bag upper class and those below. Even in the Hollywood scene this is catching on - Repo Men, about a repo agent that turns against repos. Robin Hood. It's the climate. Almost feels like "the man's" asking for a fucking war. Obama's better than Bush, but things aren't getting better; hell we were the closest since the Cold War to the doomsday clock during Bush's reign... no wonder things are this way and it'll take a while to recover from. But, not gonna go with the flow and remain silent. As Benjamin Franklin said, if things don't improve and the elite take over - fucking show them that we won't bow down. Stand up. WE THE PEOPLE!

Basically this thread started because I was interested in seeing what causes others to rebel. Have you found it increasing as you get older and are closer to entering the world on your own?

Quote:
I'm the son of rage and love
The Jesus of Suburbia
From the bible of none of the above
On a steady diet of soda pop and Ritalin
No one ever died for my sins in hell
As far as I can tell
At least the ones I got away with

And there's nothing wrong with me
This is how I'm supposed to be
In a land of make believe
That don't believe in me

Last edited by ThePunkAlien; February 25th 2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: ...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Double X Offline
bee boop
I've been here a while

Name: Kyle

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 25th 2010, 12:54 AM

I find that as I get older, I become more and more apathetic about my body/state of well being/physical health...so I have done some things that others wouldn't be proud of. Mostly petty, but still illegal.

"We will ask nothing. We will demand nothing. We will take." -- May 1968, French Graffiti

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 25th 2010, 04:08 AM

When I was younger I was more of a rebel, but now I want to work int he system to get power and control, not only for myself, but to fix my homeland which was ruined by the EU.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 25th 2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guile View Post
When I was younger I was more of a rebel, but now I want to work int he system to get power and control, not only for myself, but to fix my homeland which was ruined by the EU.
Same with me when I was younger I was way more rebel than I am now, I would rebel against the police and all types of government but now I want to work with them to make my country a better one.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 25th 2010, 04:57 PM

I was definitely, and still am, rather rebellious. I don't listen to the things people tell me, or the things my parents taught me, even though sometimes I should listen to them.
But don't be ashamed of who you are or how you think, and to stand up for what you believe in. Be proud of who you are.
With the economy, and the state the world is in, I know alot of terrible things are happening but you will find a job eventually, just keep trying it isn't entirely impossible. I try to focus on the good people and the good things in the world instead of the negative. If you dwell on the negative things and things you just can't change, you're going to make yourself miserable and it's not worth that. Just try to be opimistic and focus on positive things.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reakless Emotion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Brittany

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 26th 2010, 06:16 PM

I was a rebel when I was younger, but I had to grow up pretty darn fast, so I stopped rebelling when I was 14

And I will take you in my arms, and hold you right where you belong.
Til the day my life is through, this I promise you.121109

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 26th 2010, 06:29 PM

I never have been a rebel.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Bean Offline
*goes poof*
Regular TeenHelper

Re: THE REBEL YELL!!! - February 26th 2010, 06:52 PM

I could be considered a rebel, and I'm more rebellious than when I was younger. I'm the one people wouldn't be surprised to see on tv every few weeks in a protest of some sort or another. I'm not so rebellious against my parents, although I do question their actions, I rebel against certain things that society does that I can't agree with. I stand up for what I believe in, and if that means being called a rebel, then so be it.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

Closed Thread