TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

View Poll Results: How many of the strangers do you think you could be friends with at the end of the day?
0 4 8.16%
1 - 3 28 57.14%
4 - 6 10 20.41%
7 - 9 1 2.04%
10+ 6 12.24%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sappho Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 07:10 PM

...how many of the strangers would you say you would be decent/OK friends with at the end of the day, based on your own level of outgoingness?
Formally greeting and introducing yourselves to each other doesn't count. The group is an eclectic mix of ethnicities and each person is around your own age.

Please expound upon your answer or ask your own questions, if you feel you must.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 07:32 PM

I think that unless we all had at least one commonality, it is doubtful I would call anyone of those people a good friend. We may connect well, for a day, but good friendships take time and effort to build. I might call some of them "friends". But after a day, most people are still acquaintances. That said I'd probably talk with all or most of them. I like meeting people. :]

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dasha Offline
Dude......woah.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Dasha

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 08:27 PM

haha, none >.> I'm the one that sits in the corner and watches everyone.

"For is it not death nor dying that I fear. But lack of life and purpose."
-----------
Love what is mortal; hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, let it go.
-Mary Oliver
  Send a message via AIM to Dasha Send a message via Yahoo to Dasha Send a message via Skype™ to Dasha 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 08:29 PM

1-3, I believe.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 08:31 PM

I talk with them all, but probably just focus more on the 1-3 I had more in common with.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 08:35 PM

I don't know. I'd talk to them but I doubt I'd be really good friends with any of them.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Strider Offline
Tash-la
I've been here a while

Name: Nat

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 23rd 2009, 11:54 PM

I think that it takes more than a day to develop a friendship, but I would definitely do my best to get a chance to talk to everyone and have everyone get along and find something to talk about. We'd sure all be good acquaintances by the end of it.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/40/signaturep.png
The great artists of our time are the ones who created something timeless. But it was never them defining it that way.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 24th 2009, 12:42 AM

0, I am the one who sits in the corner with my back to the wall listening to my iPod with an optional thermos for tea

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Angilea. Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lea

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 24th 2009, 01:08 AM

i chose 10+

There is only one person who could ever
make you happy, and that person is you.

Send a message via MSN to Angilea.  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Justin Bieber Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 24th 2009, 01:12 AM

Personally, I would try to make friends with all of them! Why not?

(#11 (permalink)) Old
FastForward2012 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Ellie

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 24th 2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic View Post
0, I am the one who sits in the corner with my back to the wall listening to my iPod with an optional thermos for tea
Agreed. Well, one the plus side, if we were 2 of the 15 people, we would be friends

So in the poll,I put 10+ because I'm really nice. However, it didn't hit me till I voted how extremely quiet I am around people I don't know. So in the event of that happening, I would pick the person, or 2 people, that I think I would most get along with, and spend the whole day with them.

To Write Love On Her Arms<3

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 25th 2009, 05:29 PM

I put 1-3 because I feel I would talk to everyone but then focus on a few people with similar interests and the ones I got on with the best.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Yip yip
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 25th 2009, 05:37 PM

Well I'm really quite shy when meeting new people in person so I'd probably only be able to work up the courage to say hi to a few people. Although if the only people were more confident and started up conversations with me then I'm sure I'd be okay, it's just starting the conversations I'm bad at.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
.Sarah. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 25th 2009, 05:53 PM

I would say most probably not as I take ages to make friends. Due to many factors such as poor communication skills offline and my personality.

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me. - Harry Potter

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated."
- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumblordore

(#15 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 25th 2009, 06:09 PM

i chose 10+. i make friends pretty easily and can find common ground with most people. i think it would be a waste to not make an effort with all those fifteen people.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#16 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Mia

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 26th 2009, 10:15 PM

1-3 if I found anyone I had anything in common with.
But it may well be 0 as I find it really hard to make friends, it takes me a lot of time to trust people, it depends on the people.
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Magical Forest. Offline
3 Years Cut Free!
I can't get enough

Name: Hannah

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 26th 2009, 11:42 PM

I'm guessing 1-3. Most probably 1 or 2.

But it does depend on the people that are in the room and if they'd be willing to talk to me, i'm not the best conversation starter. I don't like getting to know too many people in too short a time, so 2 would probably be my maximum anyways.

x

(#18 (permalink)) Old
xLeFrancois Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Frank

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 26th 2009, 11:51 PM

I would talk to everyone of them =D ahah. I might as well makes friends with them if i had to spend a whole day with them.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Philip Rego

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 26th 2009, 11:58 PM

Honestly all of them. I'm very good at making first impressions and in awkward situations.
  Send a message via AIM to wtp Send a message via MSN to wtp Send a message via Skype™ to wtp 
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Philip Rego

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Sonic View Post
I'd be the one to tell you to take the headphones out of your ears and then I would ask you some completely random question, and die to the wierdness of the question you would feel completely comfortable.
  Send a message via AIM to wtp Send a message via MSN to wtp Send a message via Skype™ to wtp 
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Hyper Sonic Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtp View Post
I'd be the one to tell you to take the headphones out of your ears and then I would ask you some completely random question, and die to the wierdness of the question you would feel completely comfortable.
I'd look deeply unimpressed, give you a sarcastic answer and go back to music. When I don't want to talk people get even shorter responses

(#22 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 03:55 AM

Good question. I voted 1-3. I would probably be just a talking buddy with one person.
The other people would think I was a freak because I never talk.

Although it depends on the strangers personalities.
If they liked to talk I'd be their friend, because I just listen and nod...
But if they were shy then.. it would be 0.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Acerbated Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Niki

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 04:25 AM

I'd say 4-6, but I'm thinking more along the lines of we could be friends if we hung out more and talked more. Nothing happens in one day.

At first I would be shy as hell, but once I got to know other people a little bit more from how they communicate with each other, I'd come out of my shell and try to join in. I might do better, I might do worse. Generally in this situation, what happens is the people with strong, rude personalities become friends and pick on others, the others join together as to avoid falling apart.

Every time I try to give up, a little voice called hope says "one more try"

(#24 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 04:36 PM

I like to think Im pretty bubbly, when I want to be, so I would say I'd make at least 1 friend, due to curiousty & the fact I like talking to strangers anyway

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
Pandaloo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 05:14 PM

I think i'd be quite shy and quiet, but if anybody talks to me i'd definitely talk back. So the outgoing people would come to me, instead of me coming to them, and i'd make 1-3 friends.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 27th 2009, 06:32 PM

Haha, unless they spoke to me first probably none. I'd just hide in the corner and keep checking the time or find an excuse to get out!

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Heaven Sent, to Help You!
Average Joe

Name: Brooke

Re: If you had to spend a day with 15 complete strangers... - February 28th 2009, 12:24 AM

Naturally, I'm an extremely outgoing person. I connect mostly with girls the best but my close friends are guys.

It's not hard for me to connect with people, because I'm moldable. I can affix to the settings given to me.

So, I give myself a high rating, I would have about 7-10 people would be my friend at the end of the day. The rest of them, would either hate me too much or not. But once I become friends with one of the people I tend to reach out to the rest of them :]

So where did everyone go?
And you don't even know
So don't pretend that you do

It's just a set up
For all the failures
Always playing after something cool

Send a message via AIM to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via MSN to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke Basketcase  
Closed Thread