TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AmazonQueen Offline
Why so Serious?
I've been here a while

Name: Jess

not sure where this goes... - January 2nd 2011, 06:27 AM

does anyone else write in their journals just to feel like someone else should read it? like does it just make you feel better at the thought of someone else reading the deep dark truth...? is it weird or dramatic?

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.
It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
PM me if you need to talk about ANYTHING.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ellie Offline
Oh mai.
I've been here a while

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 2nd 2011, 01:18 PM

I've thought about this quite a bit before. I've read some people's journals and thought it sounds like they're saying for someone to reply to. I don't write in a journal that often anymore but when I do I do it for me as a way of getting out whatever is going on for me. I don't think it really matters if people write for it to be read, whether they write as if they're talking to whoever is reading it or whatever because I think the whole point of a journal is to have space that is yours and you can do whatever you want with it.

Sometimes I like to know that what I have written has been read. I wrote something once in a jounral that I hadn't used for over a year thinking that no one would see it because I hadn't used it in so long and they told me they had read it which I really appreciated really because it made me feel like I know where I stood. I would have felt strange if someone knew what I'd said but didn't know who. If I read someone's journal I often just comment to let them know that I've read it or that I care, not necessarily to add any input, more just a reasurance that they're being heard if that's what they need.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount31

Edit avatar

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 3rd 2011, 09:24 AM

Yes, absolutely. That's partially why I love the blog system so much on here. My blog is set to private, but my friends can still read it and comment. However, sometimes I do long to have someone in real life read it. I just want certain people to know what I'm going through, that I'm struggling. I guess more than anything I want tangible help and support, and a journal entry is a good way for me to convey that. Carrying pain around can become a big burden and it can be a relief to tell someone as well. Plus, letting someone else in on what's going on makes it that much more real for me. I think we all go through stages when we think, "Should this really be affecting me this much? Am I overreacting?" Seeing other people's reactions, I think, can sometimes validate our feelings.

It's okay to share your journal entries with people if you want to. Like I said, showing someone a journal entry can be a great way to ask for help or to draw on certain issues you may have but are afraid to verbalize.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 12th 2011, 03:09 AM

No, definitely not! I would never even let a trusted friend read my diary. My diary is let's just say, the place where I rant and curse and rave about whatever mood I'm in, how ever I'm feeling, whoever I'm angry at and why at the moment and I just write whatever comes to mind and whatever I want and however I feel.
Sometimes those are feelings and thoughts that are better left hidden from the public.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 12th 2011, 04:21 AM

I sometimes get the feeling I want to show someone because then they;d know my honest feelings I could never tell them.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
Youíre the diamonds, youíre the pearls
Letís make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
Itís your future, itís your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Letís make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 12th 2011, 05:17 AM

I don't have a journal, but I have a blog out there on the Internet and if someone reads it and supports me and stuff, that would be awesome and I would especially love it because I totally anonymous on the blog.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 12th 2011, 06:33 PM

Well... I used to own a diary, and an internet journal. What you write there, stays there. That's why diaries are invented, to serve as venting places. And while you write deep secrets, they're like friends. I mean diaries. Later, you might feel the need to let somebody know, but think about it. I did it too. Still, there are always those secrets better left unsaid. The feeling when someone reads it with good reaction is satisfying. People just like attention. So, it depends from secret to secret. I would hope that no one would read my diary or it would end up as... pure drama.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
EyesWideShut Offline
Screw This! Away to books!!!
Not a n00b

Name: Poptart

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 13th 2011, 12:16 AM

Uh....I don't really write in journals anymore because my mom has a nasty habit of swiping mine, not giving them back, and lecturing me about what's in them -.-

Stalked by the Penguins since 2007

Why so serious darling? We are all mad here.
  Send a message via Yahoo to EyesWideShut  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 13th 2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesWideShut View Post
Uh....I don't really write in journals anymore because my mom has a nasty habit of swiping mine, not giving them back, and lecturing me about what's in them -.-
That's a total invasion of privacy.

I keep a blog that I hide from everyone (no personally identifying information) and haven't told any friends about. When I'm not feeling paranoid, I lower the visibility protection; when I am, I raise it so that only I can read it. (Right now, that's where it is.)

It's an interesting feeling to know that a total stranger just read my innermost thoughts, thoughts that I'd never admit to anyone I know in real life.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
kitkat_kate Offline
Average Joe

Name: Katie

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 13th 2011, 03:50 AM

Sometimes. I've let my counselor read my journal before. A few times. I wrote a letter once and we tore it out, and she and I read it together, discussed it, and then I tore it up because those emotions were gone.

I write to just get things out, but it's nice to have someone read them sometimes. Otherwise, it's like I just tell a piece of paper, and that piece of paper can't look at me and tell me that it will be okay tomorrow, you know? There are some things in my journal though, some of those things that I'm ashamed I ever felt/thought/said/wrote.... those I don't let anyone see.

Ever.

i am not my scars and my history
i am, i am, i am who i am...i am who i am.
there are true things inside of me;
i have been afraid to see.

Send a message via MSN to kitkat_kate Send a message via Skype™ to kitkat_kate 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Irinya Offline
I claim them all.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fred

Re: not sure where this goes... - January 13th 2011, 03:52 AM

Quote:
There are some things in my journal though, some of those things that I'm ashamed I ever felt/thought/said/wrote.... those I don't let anyone see.

Ever.
I totally know what you mean. Well, I have these things that I never even write down because I'm afraid to admit them to myself. Sure, I'll be kicking myself for them all day and I want to deal with them by writing about them, but my brain just puts a block around it and I simply can't.

"Want to know a secret?

You are beautiful.

Black, white, gay, straight, bisexual. Whether you are smart or quiet or impossibly in love with your best friend, someone out there cherishes your smile and gets butterflies when you walk into a room.

Someone out there can't stop thinking about you. You Are Beautiful. Don't ever believe differently."

If you ever want someone to talk to, about absolutely anything, feel free to inbox me!
  Send a message via Skype™ to Irinya 
Closed Thread