TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TaraMarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara Marie Combs

Points: 6,787, Level: 12 Points: 6,787, Level: 12 Points: 6,787, Level: 12

Smile my advice on relationships and dating and what i went through - August 27th 2013, 10:01 AM

ok, I'm here to give my own advice and my own experiences relationships and dating and I hope that what I have learned can help those who are going through a tough time like I did in the past.

I was in two serious online relationships which didn't end well first guy didn't seen to have emotion at all and after awhile I learned I wasn't the only one he was seeing which caused depression drinking and cutting, after waking up and seeing that I deserved better then him I dumped him and my best friend who stayed with me the whole time helping me well we kinda started dating he was sweet and it was a decent one but I lived a couple states away and sence no matter how hard I worked I could save enough money to see him he got restless and made up a story about slicing his finger on a can then dumped me (I stayed on the with him until it died the first night he was hurt)then he accused me of cheating and everything after that break up I went little...nutty more drinking and cutting I didn't care anyone lost my job and everything...then one day I got a wall post from a lost soul just as lost as I was we chatting ,texts, called, then skyped then he paid he ass off and got me on a bus to see him (yes I know it was dangerous but I figured if it didn't work with him then I would be dead anyway) but it worked I'm alive and loved and married! and filled with more happiness then anyone could hope for.

What I learned was that happiness is out there even when we feel alone and dead it is there waiting for us. I am living proof of that we just have to believe...you see no one can really help us..
pills
drinking
shrinks
friends
family

They help but they cant fully help us we must help ourselves to get fully healed.

As for dating always know the first guy/girl will never last forever the first is never the one. if they cheat ..well and eye for an eye is never the right way just dump and move on because your better then that! the right one the one that will turn all your lights on and make you sing and swim in the clouds is out there it may take years but one day you find him/her and then your love life really begins.

here is my relationships and dating experiences I hope whenever you read this I hope it does some good and eases some pain if any questions want to be asks my wall and inbox are always open and I will do my best to help.

☜☠☞HAPPILY MARRIED, TO MY HUSBAND SENTINELWOLF☜☠☞Am loyal & Happy.☜☠☞
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,329, Level: 39 Points: 77,329, Level: 39 Points: 77,329, Level: 39

Re: my advice on relationships and dating and what i went through - August 27th 2013, 03:31 PM

Hey there! I'm going to move your thread over to the Recovery Stories subforum, since you're not asking for support/advice. I'm sure many of our users will appreciate your post, though, and will want to learn more about how you managed to turn things around. I really like that you emphasized how we need to be willing to help ourselves. People and resources can help us along the way, but ultimately, we need to want to get better, because we genuinely believe we're worth saving.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TaraMarie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tara Marie Combs

Points: 6,787, Level: 12 Points: 6,787, Level: 12 Points: 6,787, Level: 12

Re: my advice on relationships and dating and what i went through - August 27th 2013, 04:58 PM

thanks u I was hoping for it to be read and give some ppl hope that even though many struggle with depression but there is hope

☜☠☞HAPPILY MARRIED, TO MY HUSBAND SENTINELWOLF☜☠☞Am loyal & Happy.☜☠☞
Closed Thread