TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Konohana Sakuya Offline
The 4 arrows stomper
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Karen

Healing Me - December 23rd 2013, 02:38 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ever since I posted my first rant in TH after registering, I began feeling relieved. My heart used to be so heavy and numb after having a long stage depression and being called names by the bullies in my middle school year.

Now, I have started healing myself. I am learning and trying to be true to myself. I have made efforts in reconnecting with my heart and feelings. Sometimes, I may feel empty again and think that I have made no progress at all, as I am going so slow and feel the need to rush. Thankfully, I just knew that self-loving is a slow but steady process of learning that goes on until the last day of your life. I know it's hard with my occasional worries and doubts that surface, but I shall keep moving on.

I just want to say it's not too late to start healing your identity. You have your whole life to love yourself and be true to your inner core. Don't let anyone have total control over deciding who you really are. Open up your heart, carefully pick up constructive feedbacks, and let yourself improve. Everything around you, either your past experiences or another person who has a kind heart shall let you learn to be a better person as you love yourself.

From my bullying experience, I found out a Turkish proverb that summarises what I have learnt: "People will throw rocks at a fruitful tree" meaning any other person who is jealous of you will do anything in their power to make you miserable. Don't be afraid. Let your true magnificence shine, let your true feelings and identity show up. Be not fearful to express what you think and feel. Speak up, for we are humans who have something inside us to offer the world for better. We are humans who are emotive and shall make mistakes as long as we live, for it is our nature to be wiser each day.

One day, someone will come to you and tell how perfect they think you are for being brave and strong. Open your eyes, for there is still hope and love.

Sorry if this is long. My brain couldn't stop giving me words to type (even though I'm using a touch screen to type, which is hard) and my hands couldn't stop moving. I guess this is how feeling inspired is like ^^"

Articles Team Member // Buddy (20/01/2014 - 30/08/2014) // Associate HLM // Article Editor

Send a message via Skype™ to Konohana Sakuya 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Healing Me - December 23rd 2013, 05:42 PM

This is really awesome and I think you have made a lot of great progress here. You can get through anything that comes your way and come out on top. It may be hard at times, but remember that proverb.

You can do this.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: Healing Me - December 24th 2013, 03:33 AM

You know, I read your thread in the Depression section. I saw how hurt you were, that's why this made me smile seeing you so inspired and hopeful. I'm so happy that you're feeling a little better and seeing things through hopeful eyes. Thanks for sharing this, I bet it's inspiring for lots of people.

Just remember, if you ever need any support, we're still here.

Closed Thread