TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

My story :D - March 17th 2014, 03:26 PM

Well, this might be long for me to type, but what the hell.

I normally don't tell this in public on internet, but I was born with a bad heart, I don't know what really happened to it before surgery, but the first thing I remember about my life is being in the hospital. Around birth I also got a stroke what damaged part of my brain (My speech was affected, but I worked on that, social emotional problems what I'm working on too and my motor skills are fucked what I cannot work on, I tried working on it for years though). I also had lung problems, but apart from them being (Slightly) weaker, I don't have much problems with them.

Flash forward to my first elementary school (4-7 years old), people thought I was autistic (Tests show that I don't have it though), I was a pretty weird person from what I felt, at that time, I began being addicted to video games (I began gaming at a young age) and not many classmates liked me. One day I was erased from that school, so I had to go to another school, what I think was one of my best decsions I made in my life. I got to another school in a town 15-20 mins away from me, and in the four years I was in there (8-12 years old), I was popular. The cool kids liked me, some girls liked me, hell, I was going to school with a big smile since I felt more like myself. I began online gaming as soon as I got my PS3 and that is some different story.

2010 and 2009 were one of my fave years, I dated my first girlfriend and I was just content with everything. The first girlfriend broke up with me, but it kinda set my teen years in motion. I got to secondary school and had meh kind of friends, I did hang out with some wrong kind (Although I didn't smoke or drink), but I didn't really get popular and contact with my elementary school friends kinda fizzled out. In 2011, the teachers didn't like me and tried everything to make me feel bad, on 5th of December, I broke my sanity and had a dip in my life (I could call it depression, but I just call it a dip for now), in early 2012 it got worse, although I got some distraction by going out with my cousin to a disco once a month (And did some things that made me a bit proud of myself haha).

I got transferred to another class, and that class sucked, although I had some casual friends, my best friend there had depression and at some point, I thought I liked her. My mentor in that class (Head teacher or something) was a sweet lady though, who actually tried to defend me retain my spot at school, same goes for my German teacher who said I am very talented. But it didn't matter since after the second year, I either had to go to another school or do a lower level what could completely waste my talents, I chose going to another school and that next school, that was a bit of a worst case scenario choice.

At that time, I realised what the hell I was doing and my depression... Just left... I felt good when I realised myself what the fuck I was doing and life turned around. Anyways, I got to that school and there, I got pranked a bit (A lot less now and I'm now friends with the prankers) and in 2013, well, it was my star year what ended with a screetching halt.

I met Brittany and Kay in 2013, the two girls who I actually wasted my time with. I met Brit in March last year and we hit it off, I fell in love with her and we flirted, although I had to wait until May when I heard that she liked me back (She knew I liked her at that time) and around April, I met Kay, an emo from Arizona who I also fell in love with. I got together with Kay in the summer and I felt good when we talked because I made her happy and she made me happy, until she unexpectedly got to a mental facility without me knowing, I was frustrated when that happened. Brit supported me around it and I waited weeks with hope until I got sick with it and broke up with her, at the same moment, Brit asked me out and I said yes, we had an okay relationship for an LDR, but she got grounded too much, 3 months later, she cheated on me and broke up with me on christmas. I was more heartbroken than my first breakup and almost choked myself while crying, around that time, I vowed myself that I'll build off of my gaming addiction (What luckily did happen when I got to secondary school for the first time) and get a social life back.

That exactly did happen, it took a few months, but I regained contact with old friends from elementary school and are a friend group now, I hang out with them every Saturday (If you saw my thread from the Relationships and Dating catagory, I might have a girl that likes me) and this Saturday, I might be going out somewhere with some other friends. I can proudly say that I'm at least recovering.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I can't get enough

Re: My story :D - March 17th 2014, 08:44 PM

I'm so happy for you! It's great that you got back in contact with some old friends. That's always nice! It seems like things were very overwhelming and hard to deal with and I'm really sorry you had to go through those difficult break ups. Anyways, I hope things continue to get better for you.

vm-pm
♥♥♥
Find your light in a new dawn.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount12

Edit avatar

Re: My story :D - March 17th 2014, 09:53 PM

Sounds like you've had a bit of a rough time in the past, but I'm really glad you've gotten into contact with some old friends. It's great you're recovering!

Closed Thread