TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bethany

Question Been out of hospital since Friday - June 10th 2015, 12:28 AM

Hey everyone, its great to be back on. I went into surgery Thursday for a congenital birth defect, and had a pinch in the left tube (where defect is) and it was balloon shaped at the "funnel", so I got that fixed and I have been in recovery since I came home Friday. Yay!!! And now my incisions are itching like crazy and I don't have any cream for it, since doctors put a glue on them to keep them from splitting. So if anyone has a tip on how to treat the itching that'll be great!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Been out of hospital since Friday - June 10th 2015, 01:33 AM

It is so awesome that you are recovering so well! I am hoping you heal well and make even more progress!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Been out of hospital since Friday - June 10th 2015, 09:07 AM

Hope you have a speedy recovery

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: Been out of hospital since Friday - June 10th 2015, 10:35 AM

I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Unfortunately, you can't do anything about the incision's itchiness. I had to had a cut done under my breast last summer for a piece of cartilage, and it itched so bad! Just keep it clean. For me, it was extra hard since it was the summer and I was more likely to sweat. Fortunately, it was a cool summer!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Been out of hospital since Friday - June 10th 2015, 11:57 AM

Welcome back from the hospital, Bethany.

As for the itchiness, I don't think there's a lot you can do for that. Itchiness is normally a sign of healing, which is a good thing! Are there any other noticeable causes for the itchiness, like dry skin and/or irritation? If so, then you might find a little relief in using a skin moisturizer. One that's safe to use given the okay by your doctor, of course!

Another tip would be to try not to scratch it, even though I imagine it's tempting and hard not to scratch. But scratching it could lead to inflammation and possibly infection. In the meantime, I hope the itching becomes more manageable and I hope that you have a speedy recovery. See you around sometime, take care!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bethany

Re: Been out of hospital since Friday - June 16th 2015, 04:54 AM

Thank you every one for replying. I am recovering really well, so far. @Nala, there is nothing of dry skin, just the itchiness as far as I'm concerned. And @Reminiscence, the doctors had to cut 7 times, one on my belly button, one on the belly, on just below, but between my breasts, and one on the abdomen, and five little poke holes that look like the side if a die (or playing dice). Its still tempting to scratch everything, I will admit. I tried to put itch cream around but not on it and it helped some and some shea butter or coconut butter lotion and body wash actually helped some as well. And thank you, again, for replying everyone.

Closed Thread