TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Elise

Unhappy Stressed! :( - April 25th 2012, 09:41 AM

Ahh so I'm just stressed out and stuff atm

Basically my dad has Bipolar and now my mum is suffering with depression and omg it's just so hard to have to deal with them both!! :| Like seriously some people don't know how lucky they are to just have like normal parents :| My mum just gets worse and worse and is so paranoid and my dad doesn't really do much to help, he can't understand if he does something wrong or seem to understand that he needs to have more patience with my mum coz she's like really fragile/unstable atm. Today my mum just like broke down crying saying she wanted to run away and stuff and it's just like that makes me feel so shit :| Like I'm trying to be happy but it's so hard when I like see how upset she is and then just everything else eugh :| Sometimes I'm just waiting for them to say they're gonna get divorced I mean seriously I don't understand how they're still together!! Ahhh I feel like I'm going to have some break down myself sometimes!! :/ And I'm scared that my mum will just get even worse and have some proper mental breakdown or something :S. Eugh I'm just so stressed and everything atm

I turn the music up, I got my records on
I shut the world outside until the lights come on
Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Re: Stressed! :( - April 25th 2012, 07:32 PM

Hey Elise

I am sorry that things are so tough for you right now.

There are a lot of things going on in your family right now and everyone needs to work together on things. Is your mother getting help for her depression? We are linked to our families. If one person goes through a tough time, everyone else in the family is affected too. I think that all of you need to sit down and work out how to deal with this. Everyone can talk about what they expect others to do for them and how they can be helped.

Also, some gestures once in a while should be nice. Like you can cook a surprise dinner, plan an outing for your parents or one as a family, give your mom/dad a note saying "I love you". Little things like these can cheer up people and make their day and give them the strength to overcome their troubles.

I hope that things work out well.
Take care and stay strong.
My PM box is always open if you need to talk about something.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ella. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Elise

Re: Stressed! :( - April 28th 2012, 08:21 AM

Yeah she's taking medication. Thank you

I turn the music up, I got my records on
I shut the world outside until the lights come on
Maybe the streets alight, maybe the trees are gone
I feel my heart start beating to my favourite song.

Closed Thread