TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JohnCoop Offline
Average Joe

Name: John W. Cooper

Points: 8,503, Level: 13 Points: 8,503, Level: 13 Points: 8,503, Level: 13

(Attempted) Dating rant - June 26th 2012, 02:40 AM

Ok, I'm soooo freakin' pissed off about my whole situation when it comes to this whole f***in' dating GAME. I'm so tired of the fact that the only girls I've ever consider being in a relationships with being snagged by either:

a.) some ass who treats her like shit often in more than one relationship

b.) the jocks whose have the maturity level of five year

c.) the f***in' college dudes who live THREE, FIVE or even TEN hours away who get into a 'relationship' with a high school girl. I'm not saying that y'all are bad people, personally, but seriously DATE COLLEGE GIRLS, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It

d.) the girls who'll be your friend during the school year as long as you have something to offer (i.e. help in school) and will then ditch you in the summer.

(Some of the girls I like fall into more than category)

It just pisses me off that it seems like the 9 out of 10 of the girls who are in relationships at my school are either in them with total jerks or freakin' college kids who live in Austin or worse Lubbock (both are REALLY far from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area) and the only girls who like ME are the ones I have absolutely zero attraction to. For once it'd be nice for mutual attraction to exist between me and girl, but NOOOOOO, its beginning to look that'll never happen, or least not where I live right now. I guess that the thing that is most angering to me is that I'm just flat out tired of having to go places alone, because I don't have a whole lot of friends outside of school (I hate summer vacation) and the problem that many girls won't even give me the time of day or chance to prove myself, I've never even been on a f&cking date and I'm almost 18 years old.

Anyway, if you please you can leave your thoughts, below, Thanks for reading my rant and I hope you're relationship status is better than mine! Have a good day!

Last edited by JohnCoop; June 26th 2012 at 02:47 AM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
haleyv Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haley

Points: 7,501, Level: 12 Points: 7,501, Level: 12 Points: 7,501, Level: 12

Re: (Attempted) Dating rant - June 26th 2012, 06:30 AM

I recently joined this site, so I'll give it a try(:
Well, based on what you have said, I say you should make an attempt to put yourself out there more. Make friends that you can feel comfortable with outside of school. Your friends will have friends( who will have friends, ect) that you may find yourself attracted to, and vise versa. Therefore, leading to a relationship! Just a thought though(:
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
jenntasticxx Offline
supermegafoxyawesomehot
Average Joe

Name: Jenn

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: (Attempted) Dating rant - June 26th 2012, 10:46 PM

stop trying to date people.

no, seriously. my best relationships happened when i wasn't looking. make lots of friends, girls and guys. let people get to know you. focus on being the best person you can be. i'm not saying it will fall into your lap, but sometimes you just have to step back and look at the big picture.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I've been here a while

Name: Cheye

Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24 Points: 28,990, Level: 24

Re: (Attempted) Dating rant - June 27th 2012, 02:06 AM

I'd just try to take a break, and then when you least expect it, you'll fall into a good relationship, Jenn is right. More often than not, it's when you are not looking that you find what you want.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
JohnCoop Offline
Average Joe

Name: John W. Cooper

Points: 8,503, Level: 13 Points: 8,503, Level: 13 Points: 8,503, Level: 13

Re: (Attempted) Dating rant - June 27th 2012, 02:47 AM

It doesn't help that I've had a dream about the girl I'm currently (majorly) hung-up on (the girl who's dating Mr. College Kid and pretty much ignoring me right now for reasons I am unaware of) three out five days this week, something I've never had happen for once, let alone three in a week (and it ain't even over), utterly confusing the crap outta me.

I dunno, maybe I should take a break.
Closed Thread