TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Azure. Offline
Filling My Panties.
I've been here a while

Points: 22,903, Level: 21 Points: 22,903, Level: 21 Points: 22,903, Level: 21

Lonely. Just need to talk - August 2nd 2013, 04:43 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I really have no one to talk to anymore.. My friends don't understand, not that I have that many. The only person that knows my story stopped talking to me for months when we used to talk every day. I've had a therapist since I was 5, but he isn't someone that I feel comfortable talking to. I'm just alone and stressed and sad.

My dad is in jail. My mom is an alcoholic. My step-father does drugs, so do my mom and dad, but they aren't nearly as bad.

I have been abandoned, homeless, hopeless, alone, and lied to. I don't have much trust left. The custody battles are annoying. The hatred between my mom and grandparents is obvious. I don't know how I have lived this way for 15 years.

I started thinking too much after we were evicted (again) last year. My siblings and i drove away with my grandparents and haven't seen our parents since. Now that I'm in a better home, I've become depressed (I've finally admitted it to myself) and have tried self harm (I hadn't in more than a month, but I just relapsed today). I've always been socially awkward, quiet, and shy, so I often feel alone. I finally decided to get on this site and talk a bit. I hope it helps...

So that was my rant... Stay strong everyone
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: Lonely. Just need to talk - August 2nd 2013, 05:59 PM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about all you've been through. If you ever need anyone to talk too about anything feel free to message me anytime!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: Lonely. Just need to talk - August 2nd 2013, 07:18 PM

Hi Nal! First, I want to say: Welcome to TeenHelp!

It sounds like you are in a very dark, and unhealthy place. I can relate. I too, was depressed, locked myself away, was shy, was lower-class (no money), lost two houses, was mentally/emotional abused, and the list can go on and on. So I know how you are feeling. It's tough, especially being 15, when you don't have much of a choice or opinion on certain things.

At age 16, I left my home, and I moved into my aunts. It was tough to do, switching lifestyles, but I had to do it. I began to seek help from a counselor, I began to workout to shed off unwanted weight, I began to become a more faithful person, I began to boost up my confidence by not being the shy guy anymore, and thus I created a huge friend base. And now, two years later - I don't struggle with any of those things anymore. So, my point is, you too can change your life around. Sure, you may not be able to change everything, but change what you do have control over. Stop the self harming (I know, easier said than done), start forcing yourself to stop being shy, find a way to get rid of the bad emotions (working out, writing, drawing, etc), keep pushing forward, etc. These are just a small list of things you do have control over and can do.

I believe that with your dedication, motivation, and your heart into it - things can change things around for the better. But only if you are in it 110%.

Stay strong, my friend.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21 Points: 22,262, Level: 21

Re: Lonely. Just need to talk - August 3rd 2013, 08:32 PM

Nal, this is only temporary.

I know it seems like breaking free of it is so far away, but it isn't! I know how hard it is, because I struggled with depression, and I still do. A lot. But, I've also felt what it feels like to be 100% better. It's possible. Sometimes it seems as if everything is against you, but remember: Even in the middle of all of that, you are you. The strength which comes from inside you is enough to pull yourself out of this and become infinitely happier than you are now. Trust me: Nothing feels better than being happy. I can't wait until my situation changes and I can feel that way again, but right now, all I can do is wait for it to get better, and have hope for the future. You, too, can be happy.

You're not alone, either, I hope. If you are, try to make a friend. It's so hard that first time you speak to someone, but if you take the time to introduce yourself, you may make a wonderful friend to help you feel less alone in all of this. But if you can't, don't worry: Not all of us are cut out to have tons of friends (myself included). We get on just fine. The trick to being happy without friends is to find happiness within yourself: Find hobbies that you like to do alone, find books or movies with people to admire, and become the strongest individual you can become.

Sorry... That was really cheesy, wasn't it?

Anyway, I hope you get better, Nal.

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

Closed Thread