TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I can't get enough

Name: Oliver

Higgledy-piggledy shower. - July 24th 2016, 05:11 PM

I was more upset about this until I Googled for synonyms of the word 'haphazard' and found the word higgledy-piggledy. This isn't as bad a thing as it is annoying, but I figured I'd rant about it anyway since it has been going on awhile now.

Our toilet is broken in the sense that it empties and then fills itself back up unnecessarily right now (which isn't the only thing wrong with it). That has caused our water bill to shoot up from $25 to $80 over the past four months. It's something to do with the flushing mechanisms in the tank, but we've had maintenance here to fix the exact part causing the problem multiple times over the past 4 years. They likely won't even replace the toilet until we move (if they do it then) and that will be quite a while.
It's just annoying since we've always had issues with this toilet and they won't replace it. It also doesn't flush well to the point that we can't flush any toilet paper without it clogging badly and even without any it tends to not flush well. We have a bin next to it for that. Their logic is when they try to unclog it and there's no clog, then it must be fine.

I don't really care about the bill (my brother pays it ), but when the toilet fills up it uses cold water that would be flowing into the shower and in turn makes the shower water turn almost boiling hot. This wouldn't be a problem for most people because they would just turn the water away when it does that, but I have low blood pressure. Hot water makes your blood pressure even lower. I already use a shower seat and have a pretty cool temperature going to avoid falling from getting dizzy, but the added heat makes it worse. It also heats up the bathroom so much that I can't stay in there when I'm done to dry off or get dressed. Also annoying.

I'm almost convinced to call maintenance, but I hate calling them. They come within 24 hours of calling them, which is great, but they don't tell you when or even give you a window of when my might come. They can come anywhere between 7am and 5pm. They also don't make appointments. Have I said they've been here in the past to 'fix' this? Yes? Yeah. So, srsly.

These townhouse community just sucks in general. They're at least from before the 1950's. And they never put much effort into fixing them. I can't tell you how many times their towel bar in the bathroom has come down because they screwed it into the exact same place as before it fell. Plus all the poorly patched holes everywhere. Which I can't get mad at for being there since the walls are so thin (and I've accidentally caused a few myself). I don't complain too much to the actual office because they don't know we have cats. Which also means we don't pay monthly for them to be tenants. I take it as a trade for how crappy it is living here. And they've increased our rent enough (a lot) the past four years to pay for them anyway.

And the company has the audacity to claim on the website that these houses are "luxury" compared to other complexes.

tldr; the townhouse I rent sucks butt and you should use the word higgledy-piggledy more often.

“Remember the mountains and valleys that brought you here.”
- Morgan Harper Nichols

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wheek! Offline
Eat, sleep, repeat!

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Higgledy-piggledy shower. - July 24th 2016, 05:15 PM

Luxury? BS. A good landlord would do what it takes to solve the problem. There has to be some sort of code or law or something.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I can't get enough

Name: Oliver

Re: Higgledy-piggledy shower. - July 24th 2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany. View Post
Luxury? BS. A good landlord would do what it takes to solve the problem. There has to be some sort of code or law or something.
Unfortunately it's not really a landlord situation. More like any apartment complex, but with townhouses instead. It could be worth looking into legally, but I bet the prices for lawyers (since you probably couldn't get a public defender for such a case) would be outrageous. There's the possibility the company that owns the complex has a section in the contract that could say something along the lines that if we sue them for something we'd end up having to pay their legal bills for their lawyers and whatnot. I've read about banks and other companies having such clauses, so wouldn't be surprised tbh.

But still, I'm just annoyed. Things could be way worse been before, so I'm not really complaining. Just if I'm paying you almost $900 a month for sub-par living arrangements, you could make an effort and not try to get every penny you can. Though, that would be why it's considered sub-par. And there's not many (or any) other complexes in my area that are affordable. My state is ridiculously expensive for no reason except for the fact there's a few rich people in a white upper-class neighborhood.

“Remember the mountains and valleys that brought you here.”
- Morgan Harper Nichols

Closed Thread