TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Clearly, he is insane. - August 12th 2016, 08:12 PM

Okay. So a few things I want to rant and go on about here. First, I'll give a bit of background info on each thing, and then I'll tell you the current problem/issue. Also, just a little disclaimer that I'm not really looking for advice, so much as I'm just going on about this to 'get if off my chest' if you will. So thanks.

So, a few years back, right after Ava had turned one, I quit speaking to my father. Our relationship was VERY rocky, and I didn't want something that toxic in my life. He respected my wishes, and didn't try to contact myself, or my family (in-laws). After about three-four years, my step mother (my Father's ex-wife), came to me and decided to bring up the fact that my father asks her about Ava, Jordan and I all the time. She asked me if I would be willing trying to give him another chance. After awhile, I decided to allow him access to contact me. We've been taking things slowly, and haven't rushed this new found relationship, and things are going better than I've ever expected.

Doesn't seem like much of a problem, I know, but here is the catch, My Grandmother, Clair, moved across the country just to live with him. She moved there when I was 14, right after my father's divorce so she could help take care of my sister and I while my father worked. Now when I decided to stop talking to my father, I'm pretty sure she took it as a personal attack on her entire being. She quit talking to me, told everyone nasty, hateful things about me, and even lashed out at me physically. I've yet to speak to her again, and have no interest in rekindling any sort of relationship with her.

A few days ago, my father called me and asked if I would come clean for them. They usually hire a housekeeper, but the woman Clair really liked was of old age, and ended up being put in the hospital on a long term basis. They need a new one, and apparently thought of me. My Father thinks it will be a good way for me to 'mend' things with her, but I don't want too. I simply do not have the courage to tell him I don't want anything to do with her, so I agreed to the cleaning. He gave me her number, and I left her a message telling her she was more than welcome to call me when she needs me, and we would figure out the details at a later time.

Needless to say, I'm anxious about this, but I could use the extra cash until tax time comes around and I start doing taxes again. So yeah.

Next thing I wanted to talk about was Sam (or Tyler). I know I've posted plenty about our very rocky relationship (if you can even call it a relationship, it's more like a mutual hatred towards each other.) Well, about five months ago, I kicked him out of my house. I'm not going to post all of the reasoning behind that, as I've done that already, but after the 'fallout' of that decision, by the next week, I was over it, and ready to move on. Apparently T wasn't. He would have rather held on to that grudge like it was gold in a crashing economy. Clearly, that didn't do anything for him. Jordan is of course, his best friend, and while I may not have gotten along with him, that wasn't going to stop Jordan from being his bestie.

Jordan planned a date/time for them to go to the local bar, which Tyler lived just down the street from, so they could hangout, and they didn't have to come here to the house, and be in my space. The day of the planned engagement, Tyler ditched Jordan. Never showed up, and didn't even have the respect to call or text and let him know. Jordan called and texted him, but Tyler never replied. Almost 6 months later, T messaged Jordan, after Jordan's feelings are extremely hurt, and when he 'apologizes' he makes excuses for his actions, rather than owning up to them, which makes Jordan even more upset. Now Jordan is a nervous wreck. He has been distant, and distracted about this entire ordeal.

It takes a lot for Jordan to actually get his feelings hurt, or for him to be upset towards his friends. For example, Tyler stood in front of myself, Jordan, and my brother, and told us that the only reason we wanted him to get a job while he was living with us, is because we expect him to 'support Ava and I since Jordan clearly can't do it.' I lost it, and honestly lunged at him to knock some respect back in to his clearly empty skull, but Jordan shrugged it off and excused it with 'he is just stressed that we are kicking him out.'

However, the way he acted while here, like the example above, combined with the fact that he was personally rude to Jordan with no reason behind it, considering Jordan went above and beyond to make him feel welcome and comfortable, Jordan is really taking this hard.

Jordan has since responded to T, and told him that he has hurt his feelings, ect, and we are still waiting on his reply. I just feel badly that Jordan is taking this so hard. I mean, he really doesn't deserve anything like this, and yeah.

Anywho, thanks for letting me rant and get all of this off my chest.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Clearly, he is insane. - August 12th 2016, 09:50 PM

This sounds stressful. I am glad that you were able to vent about this. In regards to the situation with Clair, try not to think to much about it. Do things to distract yourself from the anxious thoughts you are having. Hopefully she'll get back to you and everything will go okay. You don't have to continue cleaning if it makes you overly anxious or uncomfortable either.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Clearly, he is insane. - August 14th 2016, 03:29 PM

Thanks, and yeah, ranting about it actually made me feel a bit better.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread