TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Education and Careers (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/)
-   -   can't go to the art school i wanted to go to :( (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f22-education-careers/t148467-cant-go-art-school-i-wanted-go/)

Skyline November 15th 2016 04:40 PM

can't go to the art school i wanted to go to :(

I'm so gutted and sad. I'd watched pretty much ALL the videos about Falmouth School of Art online, I'm in the middle of preparing my portfolio and writing my personal statement to apply to my course, it's the ONLY place I wanted to go to next year (although I was also planning on applying to another course here in France, just in case I didn't get in), and my parents just called me to say they got an email saying that Falmouth School of Art are no longer offering THE ONE COURSE I want to do. I'm just so so sad, this means I need to spend another year in France and it's just so frustrating I know it probably seems like language would be a minor detail since I'm pretty much bilingual, but it makes a huge difference to me. I can express myself much better and connect more easily on an emotional level when I'l speaking English with someone, and I was SO looking forwards to finally be in an environment where I'm comfortable like that.

Oh well. I don't believe in this kind of thing, but the only thing which makes me feel better is telling myself "it's a sign".

.Brittany. November 16th 2016 02:00 AM

Re: can't go to the art school i wanted to go to :(

Hi Skye,

That must be so frustrating! I don't blame you for being upset. I'm slightly bilingual. I can speak a little bit of french, but I know how you must be feeling about not being able to full on express how you're feeling. When I applied for college I didn't get into the program I wanted to, but got into my second pick which turned into "I'm happy I took this instead of my first choice"

I always think that stuff happens for a reason, maybe there's a reason that they don't offer the course anymore? Maybe something else will come in for you?

Try and keep your head up! A door may close, but another is always open!

Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Brittany

steph33 November 21st 2016 11:58 AM

kind of s**ks but as Brittany said another door is always open, just find it..besides, you can still express yourself through art..best ;)

DeletedAccount69 November 22nd 2016 03:07 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry this happened. I know it can be devastating to lose a dream but in the end there are other avenues you can look into. I am confused as to why you would have to stay in France? Couldn't you look into schools that are outside of that area or that have an English Language component?

I know there are a number of good art school's around the world and I am sure you will be able to find one that fits you.

I do understand the whole thing about language though. I used to speak German quite well but I was not proficient in it and was swayed not to do a foreign exchange program due to the fear of the language barrier. I imagine it would be extremely difficult to live in a country that's main language is different than your own. However, in retrospect, a year really isn't that long.

Best of luck.