TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
itzz.casper Offline
~Unicorns~
Average Joe

Name: Casper

I have no idea where this goes xD - October 14th 2017, 10:55 PM

Hello!

I have NONE idea where this goes so I just set it here.

Okay this is kinda stuipd but it has been bugging me. My birthday is June 27th. Yayyy summer *sarcasm * And all of my friends birthday is well not in the summer and if it is they have it right when school starts.

And I dont know. I celebrate my friends birthday with them. Make them feel loved and joyful and as well as accepted.

But here is where it bugs me. Hardly anyone knows my birthday. Just a few days ago my friend and I where talkin bout birthdays and how he did like his because he gets emotional when someone gets him something

And I said aye at least people know your birthday and has the heart to get you something (I said it in a fun way)

And he asked me when is my birthday, I told him and he flipped out
¨Omg Casper so sorry, I didnt know it was your birthday few months ago or I would got you something¨ I told him it was fine. But another incident happened similar to that. This year on my birthday. I turned 14. My mom and her boyfriend forgot about it, till the last second.

My mom did the same thing on my 12th birthday.

it took her to July 13th to figure out it was my birthday.

On my 13th birthday it took my mom and her ex boyfriends brother took a while to realize I was an official teenager. I came out of my room and they where like why the long face? I said you dont know? They said ¨know what?¨
I asked them how old I was
And they said ¨Twelve- Oh no your 13??? TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHdaY OMG WE TOTALLY FORGOT¨

*for my 14th birthday someone on Teenhelp did wish me a happy birthday but I didnt see it til August so I felt okay when I saw that :3*

I dont know, it just really bugging me that no one knows my birthday I guess, and those that do either forget about it, or just doesn't care.

I dont know why it just bugs me. And it also sucks being the youngest one out of my friends.

I dont know why it just bugs me.

*If you read this, sorry I took your time, I just wanted to rant*
If you have something to say bout this that is highly appreciated, but if not that is cool as well, like I said I just wanted to complain

And have a great day!

I'm not looking for sympathy, just understanding- Jacoby Shaddix <3

Last edited by Narrative.; October 17th 2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Moving to a more specific forum.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
Snekromancy.

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: I have no idea where this goes xD - October 17th 2017, 11:12 PM

Hey there!

I hope you don't mind that I moved your thread over to Why Me? as it seemed like you were just looking to rant a bit rather than receive advice.

That said, I can definitely understand where you're coming from. My birthday is really close to Christmas, which means that I very rarely celebrate it because a) I've had a long history of asking the wrong people to help me celebrate it and ending up getting let down, and b) most of my friends go away for the Christmas/New Year's period so I don't tend to have anybody to hang out with on the day. What I've found useful is to take control of the day for myself. I'll make sure to be extra nice to myself, and to only do things that I enjoy. If I'm the one in control I won't be disappointed, and I'm not reliant on other people for my happiness.

I would also recommend talking to your friends and family about how you're feeling. The friend you mentioned who ''flipped out'' sounds like he would be eager to help celebrate your birthday in the future, and I'm sure other people in your friendship group would as well if you let them know that that's something you would like. It doesn't have to involve presents and it doesn't have to be some huge deal - maybe you could just let them know that you'd like to do something a bit special, like some activity that you don't normally get to do, or even just hanging out in a group after school. I would also suggest sitting down with your mother and explaining that it makes you feel hurt when she forgets your birthday. Maybe you could even suggest that she sets some kind of reminder for herself (for example on her phone or via email) so that she won't have a chance to forget your birthday next year.

I hope this was helpful, and I'm sorry that you have to go through this. There's this generalised expectation that birthdays are supposed to be something that everybody celebrates and that they're supposed to be somehow ''special'', so it can definitely be disappointing when people forget or when it feels like just a regular day. But just remember that just because something happened on your last birthday, it doesn't mean it will happen on the next one - especially if you actively work to make sure your next birthday is a day you'll love.

just because it hurts to go on
doesn't mean the battle can't still be won
;

Closed Thread