TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 02:22 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

The days I had with her in my life were the happiest I ever had.

Now..

I don't even wanna talk about my day. It makes me feel like... .... yeah.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 05:15 AM

So,
I've been following your threads a while now. I think the message you need to hear is Move. On.
Yeah you can go on about how your parents did this and that and I feel you mate; it sucks. I have had the same shit pulled on me, didn't go out, people who were best friends backstabbing etc etc etc. Point is, understand that that is life.
There is no point "looking for someone like her to return". No two people are the same and no two relationships run the same. It'll be easier to move on once you accept that. Sometimes people have falling outs, maybe they are fixed maybe not. Point is, pining for one person doesn't do ANYTHING except make you miserable.
I get how you feel, really I do, but at some point you need to brush yourself off, maybe get some help (and I highly urge you to do that), and find a way to move on. So, I really really suggest that you go meet a counsellor and a psychiatrist, medication may help. Also go to them with the aim of getting better, not tick marking it on a list.
Please don't think you're alone though. We are here to support you, but the thing is, unless you make the effort to get better, our hands are tied in what we can do. Trust me mate, no one is worth losing your mind over.

Hope it gets better.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 05:44 AM

But..you don't understand that my circumstances are different. My parents were overly strict, and i didn't have anyone like that ever since i was born.

So losing her is extremely painful.

Thanks for replying, though. Appreciate it.

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
But..you don't understand that my circumstances are different. My parents were overly strict, and i didn't have anyone like that ever since i was born.

So losing her is extremely painful.

Thanks for replying, though. Appreciate it.
Trust me bruh, I getcha. I've had overly strict parents too. it sucks but c'est la vie. I didn't have a bunch of friends, or anything. So I get what it means to lose someone close to you.
Legit, its time to move on. Like I've said, there are a bunch of support options. Try them, with the aim to get better.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 06:31 AM

Maybe you could try discussing your parents...venting about the things they did. If you discuss the way their actions harmed you it's possible it will help you to a degree.

One thing I notice is that you discuss how strict your parents are and how you lost the friend but you don't ever really go into detail about it. As such you aren't able to vent about the actual events which might be causing you to get stuck because you are not processing things fully.

For example, there are things I have been refraining from processing and it HAS prevented me from moving forward. I do well for a while and then I come back to those things because I haven't processed them.

It's possible that part of the reason you are struggling to move forward is because you aren't really processing everything and are focusing on the lost friendship.

I agree that speaking with a therapist/psychiatrist would be beneficial because the help they can provide. A therapist could give you a safe place to process things which is what you need. Not only do you need to process things but you need to find tools to cope.

We can listen to you and we can provide you with some things that have helped us but a therapist is going to have better tools to assist you.

Best regards.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 11:25 AM

I have already vented about my parents and everything they did.. That was what caused the damage.

The problem is that... My body cant accept the fact that the person who brought life into my life... is some emotional distance away.

I'll take your advice, but I think there's only one way to solve the problem positively.

Thank you!

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

screwdriverneedsgas

(#7 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 11:28 AM

"If you want to fly, you gotta let go of what's weighing you down"

"Don't put your key to happiness in someone else's pocket"

"Don't let anyone dull your sparkle"

I think these three quotes are relevant

I've mentioned in another thread about exploring your childhood deeper and finding ways to cope with that and then it would help with coping in your current situation. So I agree with what's been said about processing things first.
Clearly your parents had a negative impact on you that it is making it difficult to have stable, healthy and lasting relationships with others.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 03:43 PM

The truthh was that I wanted someone like her , and I found her.

But..But.. Sigh.

I don't know what to do anymore.

My loneliness was the main problem, and she was there and completely eliminated the problem.

I want someone like her again in my life.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 25th 2018, 08:34 PM

Yoshi what do you want to hear from us?

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 26th 2018, 02:22 AM

Maybe convince me that someone like her will come again?

I don't know how else to beat this.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 26th 2018, 06:01 AM

okay, well, in that case, the honest truth is that no one like her is going to come into your life again until you move on from her. you are so focused looking over your shoulder, backwards into the past that you're missing all the new people who are walking by right in front of you.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 26th 2018, 10:21 AM

I'll be honest.

I've tried the "meeting new people " route too.

I went on tinder, and literally swiped right on EVERYONE to find someone like her around. I have done it until there'sliterally NO ONE else around my area.

So yeah..

I even paid to use the expensive special option that allows me to have unlimited likes, so yeah. I also set the range to 40 km..

didn't work.

So.. I have tried everything. If you read my other thread... You will know that I tried everything.

But ... the damage is already done, I guess.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Celestial. Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 26th 2018, 10:29 AM

No, you did not try everything. Look, I'm sure you know that we aren't professionals and we can only help so much. By not giving us all the details so we can help you to the best of our abilities, there is not much else we can do except to say the same things over and over. What I think you really need is extra support beyond what we are capable of giving you over the internet. We can be your friend, but you need something greater than a friend right now, Yoshi.

You need to speak to a professional therapist about this, finding ways to cope and 'grieve' for the loss, so to speak. We've given you everything we can and we are more than happy to keep talking to you, but we are not professionals. You need to sit down with someone in an office and share everything with them that you've shared with us. I think talking about it out loud will help you process it, because then (at least for me) you will get on a tangent that may or may not stay on the same topic.

It's a Monday and the day is fresh. Please call a therapist. That doesn't mean you cannot stop coming on here and keep us updated or reach out, but remember we can only do so much, Yoshi. It's really up to you to make the smart, healthy, productive choice.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: The happy days will never return. - February 26th 2018, 10:34 AM

Will try. But frankly... she does know how important she was to me..

Why did she leave?

Why did she leave?

WHY?

Sigh...

urgh. .... ..... ugh! ouch..

screwdriverneedsgas

Closed Thread