TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Lunar Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lunar

Didn't expect this. - March 13th 2018, 04:08 AM

I'm feeling frustrated. I've made a post before about me not wanting to be friends with this girl. Well, this weekend she was at the convention I was at this weekend. I avoided her. She was working another booth. She never left her booth, so I didn't see her during it. However, her husband was working at the booth I was at. (Same company.) The entire time, he would brag about how good he was at selling things. He was only selling board games. My husband was selling fake swords, card games, lego mini figures, ect. (The other husband, we will call F)..F would tell my husband and myself that he would sell more than any of us. Turns out after the first day he only sold 500 dollars worth of board games. My husband alone sold 3000.00 dollars worth of things. Which is besides the point.

F is always talking about himself. It's impossible to have a convo with him about anything normal because he is always trying to talk over people and only wants to talk to himself. I tried to over look it for ages, because I understand everyone has their downfalls, and I know not everyone is perfect, but this weekend I just kinda...couldn't handle it? I ended up not working the entire time because I just didn't want to listen to it. I walked away. I came back during closing to help count the money, and he had the nerve to tell my husband to 'watch his back' or I'd end up with F instead. I just couldn't handle it. I left. The next day, the friend of mine asked our mutual why I was walking away and not talking to her or F so that night when we got home I messaged her.

I explained to her that I'm trying to be a good friend, and that I didn't feel like it was really my place to say anything, but that I didn't know what else to do. That I had an issue with how her husband was treating my husband and myself. (I left out the fact that he treats everyone else like crap.) I told her it makes me uncomfortable, and to avoid drama, I thought avoiding it would be best. Well, I think she was a little upset. She ended up telling me that if I didn't like her husband, then we couldn't be friends. Which honestly doesn't bother me, because I didn't want to be friends with her anyway, but what she did after is what bothers me.

She ended up snapping at our friend, H because he was picking on her, which he does, and always has. Normally she has no problem about it, but I guess I made her angry and she ended up snapping at him. Not only is this her friend, but her boss. She even said that she really needed to get another job. Which I think was crossing a line. She also lashed out at another friend of mine for no reason, other than the fact that she knows he also doesn't like her husband.

I'm nervous that she will end up being rude to my husband as well. I don't know if I can even say anything. I'm not sure it's my place, but at the same time I understand she is upset, and I don't want to say anything if she is able to get over this, and feel better and stop acting like this, but point plank, she's immature. She's almost the same age as us. Just a few years younger, but she acts like she's 12. It's annoying.

Is there ever going to be a right time for me to say something if she keeps treating our friends badly? Should I just leave it alone since I'm clearly the one who's pissed her off? I dunno. I'm just frustrated. BLEH....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: Didn't expect this. - March 22nd 2018, 07:49 PM

Hi, I am sorry that you are having a hard time with this and I hope that you will be alright soon. Sometimes when you are selling something and it can be different things, some people get that they have to be the best at it no matter what and they will say hurtful things to try and make them feel better about themselves and whatever they're selling. And that is not right because if you are friends with someone or you are not friends with them and you do not know them, you shouldn't be like that with other people just to try to sell more of you're product because you want more money or you're proving a point.

You can try talking with you're husband and letting him know what is going on with you and them and say how they are rude and you are just letting him know in case they say anything to him. This way you already warned you're husband so if they are rude to you or you're husband he will know how to handle it better. I hope that you will be okay soon. And I wish you the best. Hugs.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread