TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Article Revivial: Know Your Rights-Bullying at Work - July 1st 2018, 07:23 PM

Know Your Rights-Bullying at Work:
There are a number of different types of bullying but a lot of people don't realize that it can also happen at work. This article explores some of the different types of bullying one might encounter at work and discusses some of the ways to go about handling the situation.
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f86-p...bullying-work/

Did you learn anything from this article?

Have you or anyone you know experienced bullying in the workplace?

Are there things you'd add to this article if you could?

If you have any suggestions that you'd like to make feel free to submit them via the Content Submission Form.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Article Revivial: Know Your Rights-Bullying at Work - July 2nd 2018, 12:20 PM

This was a well thought out article.

I've not been bullied in the work place, but as it was something I went through at school, it does scare me a bit that it could happen at work.

I'd add that, if possible, join a union. Unions are there to promote and fight for safe and equal work environments so they might be able to help when it comes to bullying, especially if it's a more senior person who is the bully.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9 Points: 3,839, Level: 9

Re: Article Revivial: Know Your Rights-Bullying at Work - July 3rd 2018, 02:58 AM

Not all work places have unions though, (Celyn/Holly). I was bullied by a superior along with a few others on my team (they were also essentially bullied by her). Most of us were scared to go to HR. I did because I knew I wouldn't be fired if she found out because I was on a contract and it'd be easier to let it expire and just let me leave to another department or another company. Another person protested to HR and this woman built a case based on weak evidence in order to get her fired. I'd love to find a tried and true way to fix that, but I think it'd involve a systemic change to how many companies are managed.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Article Revivial: Know Your Rights-Bullying at Work - July 7th 2018, 03:36 AM

In the USA union's aren't always available. There are agencies that almost always come with unions such as government. I know people that worked for companies that did have unions but I know people who do not. It's a really tricky situation.

I think that work place bullying is something that should be dealt with but I think a lot of people are afraid to speak out about it. I witnessed bullying today and I was scared to speak out. I think my fear goes back to other things but...I know not speaking out was not the 'right' decision. I hope to have the courage to speak up in the future.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Article Revivial: Know Your Rights-Bullying at Work - July 21st 2018, 06:08 PM

I think maybe another thing if you choose to revise the article (if that's not already being done) is what you should do if you are witness to workplace bullying, as you were yourself a couple weeks ago Jenna.
Closed Thread