TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emmie

I need to be okay. - June 21st 2018, 09:30 PM

I really hate life sometimes. And that's how I feel right now. I feel like I keep going down and I can't be okay. It started after someone died and my dog died in January and I didn't really grieve for them. I just kept getting up and trying to do my everyday routine and it was hard but I now am not myself. And I still really am not a lovely of this puppy that my parents brought home. My parents signed the puppy up for dog training but she was really young and she won't listen and they said that's because she's still a baby and she needs to be older for training. She's 4 months old and we found this one dog trainer but he said that she needs to be 6 months for the training to work, so we have 2 more months of her acting crazy and chasing our cats and not listening to anybody, before somebody can help her. We bought baby gates and caged for her. Why can't my life be okay? And I wish my older dog never died.
Everyone is starting to fight with everyone and we don't really do that. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to be me again and I don't know how to do that. Why can't I be okay?

HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator. PM/VM

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
itís about learning to Dance in the Rain!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: I need to be okay. - June 24th 2018, 04:10 PM

Hey there Emma,

Life can be really hectic sometimes! I am so sorry you're going through all these different things at once. I imagine I'd feel overwhelmed with just one of these things, but having multiple stressors at once can be hard.

I am glad you came here and I do hope writing and expressing yourself helped. You mentioned everyone fighting with each other. It sounds like no one is really taking the time to hear the other person out. Please know that this thread is your space and you can feel heard here.

A lot of this is out of your control and that sounds frustrating. I am wondering what are some ways you can feel a little more in control of your life? Maybe you can take a little time each day to honor your old dog's memory and find ways to celebrate his life? Some people like to make scrapbooks and other projects as a way to keep their loved one's memories alive. And animals can most definitely be a loved one! I do not underestimate the bond between a human and their fur baby.

As or the new puppy, there is not a whole lot you can do. But you can do your best to keep the cats safe and puppy safe. Remind yourself that this will pass and in 8 weeks, hopefully the puppy will start the training. Maybe reminding yourself that this will not last forever, will help?

Given that you are 16, you are still a minor and living at home and being subjected this stressful environment. Sometimes a routine can be beneficial. If the routine is designed intentionally to structure your day in a way that speaks to you. What I mean is, if you followed a routine blindly, you might not like it. But if you got to participate in how your routine looks like, knowing by the end of each day you are getting closer to your bigger goals, that might be empowering to you and keep you focused and less distracted. Keep your eyes on your big picture goals (it's okay if you are not sure about those yet, you can still figure out what these goals are)

From what I know about you, you really love to dance. Is dancing something you can utilize as a coping skill? Being passionate about something and working on projects (or in your case performances) can re-energize you and give you a reason to wake up everyday, in spite of your challenges.

I hope your situation improves. Thinking of you and here for you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emmie

Re: I need to be okay. - June 26th 2018, 01:27 AM

Thank you so much for you're reply and help.

HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator. PM/VM

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,
itís about learning to Dance in the Rain!

Closed Thread