TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42 Points: 88,284, Level: 42

Bad day at work. - March 15th 2020, 08:51 AM

So I have two jobs - one is a full-time position at a childcare centre where I have been working there for soon to be 8 years. I've been in the same position since 2013 and haven't been given the opportunity to work my way up into a leadership/management role. They haven't even asked. There are staff members there that have been working there a less amount of time than me and who are younger that are in more responsible roles and who are getting paid more than me. I feel like the workplace has become to toxic and I'm slowly getting more and more frustrated over little things. My manager doesn't compliment me even when I'm doing a good job. For example, today, a co-worker of mine stated that I'm the only one the completes 100% of certain tasks. My manager noticed and mentioned it to this certain co-worker but not to me. I'm becoming more irritable as soon as I walk through the doors and I'm not like that. I'm always cheerful and have a smile on my face but that place has become more toxic. There's no room to grow into a leadership position and I get stuck with the shit jobs.

The other job I have is a casual bartending position which is relatively new where they only give me one shift a week (they only roster me on a Saturday even though I told them that I'm available Friday nights and all day Saturday and Sunday). The managers and other staff are saying that I'm doing a good job but now I'm worried that they are going to do what the other bar I worked for did and eventually not roster me on anymore after reducing my shifts. Last night was my 7th shift since the venue opened at the beginning of February. I covered/picked up the shift and they didn't even thank me for it. I made a couple of mistakes (mainly the food orders) and there were some things that I couldn't find or didn't know without asking my co-workers. It was quite busy and I find myself becoming flustered, overwhelmed and stressed. Because of the mistakes, I was pulled aside by the Operations Manager and he mentioned that because of my restricted availability, I need some more training. Because of the way he said it I was more understanding but it still upset me because I felt like I should be performing better. Before the venue opened they had a training week but had it throughout the week when I couldn't attend. Management then told me they would organise a training session on the weekend but they never did so on my first shift I was literally thrown into the deep end. The Head Chef was really understanding as well and he told me that the chefs weren't annoyed or angry at me (neither was he) and that he didn't blame me but the management for not showing me properly. He told me I was one of the good ones and for me not to worry about it but to go home with a smile on my face.

I've been applying for so many different full-time positions where the salary is better and I won't have to work so much but because I only have experience in hospitality/customer service and childcare, a lot of the jobs I would love to do won't take me on because I don't have experience in that field.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Bad day at work. - March 15th 2020, 08:40 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling right now and I hope things begin to improve for you soon. You're in my thoughts.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Bad day at work. - March 16th 2020, 01:22 AM

Ugh, that's tough. I hope you're able to find a better job!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Bad day at work. - March 16th 2020, 04:14 AM

Thanks for your replies.

I hope I find something better too.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20

Re: Bad day at work. - March 16th 2020, 08:06 AM

Sending big hug And lots of love <3

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Bad day at work. - March 18th 2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyne View Post
Sending big hug And lots of love <3
Thank you.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,426, Level: 46 Points: 107,426, Level: 46 Points: 107,426, Level: 46

Re: Bad day at work. - March 18th 2020, 02:48 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you are doing a little bit better now. When you are applying for any kind of jobs, you can feel all kinds of things and then when it is not working out because they are not calling back, it's not a good feeling and I'm sorry that is happening to you. You are going to find something, I know it. Someone is going to call you for an interview and it is going to be great. It may just take a little bit to find it, try not to get upset or stressed out about this. I know easier said than done. I hope that you will be okay soon. Sending you hugs.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Bad day at work. - March 19th 2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you are doing a little bit better now. When you are applying for any kind of jobs, you can feel all kinds of things and then when it is not working out because they are not calling back, it's not a good feeling and I'm sorry that is happening to you. You are going to find something, I know it. Someone is going to call you for an interview and it is going to be great. It may just take a little bit to find it, try not to get upset or stressed out about this. I know easier said than done. I hope that you will be okay soon. Sending you hugs.
Thank you for that.

I have been getting SOME interviews (not as much as I would like though) but due to Coronavirus, they've cancelled them and told me they are going to wait until it all dies down.

Closed Thread