TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Friends and Family Everyone has disagreements, even best friends and family. If you need advice about a relationship, ask us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Upset - February 4th 2021, 10:57 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Do you ever feel like you keep secrets from your parents, that's what I have been feeling and doing for a while. Don't know how to tell them what I'm going through. School, friends and wearing masks all the time, don't mean to be upset about this, sorry.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Upset - February 5th 2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Do you ever feel like you keep secrets from your parents, that's what I have been feeling and doing for a while. Don't know how to tell them what I'm going through. School, friends and wearing masks all the time, don't mean to be upset about this, sorry.
Welcome to Teen Help; believe me, I don't miss my birth parents one bit, but have great friends; friends with masks, but having the great gift of listening. You don't have to spill all your worries to your parents if you're reticent, but you can talk to your friends any time. Because good friends are everything.

You can also share your worries, fears and doubts with us. We are always here for you, me also. Take a day at a time; tomorrow hasn't happened yet. Stay strong for the day in hand and you'll be just fine. [/size][/color][/font]

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Upset - February 5th 2021, 11:56 AM

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! I can understand how it must feel having to keep secrets from your parents, especially with things that are putting a heavy burden on your shoulders.

I think it's important to remember that you don't have to tell your parents everything that's going on in your life. Take advantage of other resources you have available, such as your friends, mental health therapists, a private blog; the possibilities are practically endless.

A lot of us are feeling the same heavy weight you are right now, and I think it's important to keep ourselves distracted in the meantime. Is there anything you like to do or are talented at? Is there something you've been wanting to do but haven't gotten around to doing it yet?

No matter how long it will take, all of this will pass. Hang in there, you've got this.
Closed Thread