TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Unhappy i know it’s probably stupid but... - May 5th 2021, 06:25 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I know it’s stupid, but I’m kinda upset about senior pictures. I’m about to be a senior (only two weeks left!!) and everyone I know is getting senior pictures. Both my sisters got their senior pictures done when they graduated as well years ago. But my sister was checking out places to get pictures done, and they’re all too expensive. Due to this, I might not be getting senior pictures this year. I know I sound selfish and spoiled. I’m not mad at anyone for it, nor am I going to whine and throw a tantrum, but it just hurts a little. I keep seeing everyone get them done, and I saw my two sisters get their done as well. But now that option might not be feasible for me. I can’t take them by myself, and I kinda wanted the experience of getting them done. I know it’s not the end of the world and I should just suck it up, but I’m a little upset.[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: i know it’s probably stupid but... - May 5th 2021, 06:55 PM

Hey there

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to find a way to make your senior pictures happen. I don't think it's selfish to be upset about this, because photos are a really great way to commemorate a significant point in your life, and knowing that those photos will be missing is upsetting. I think you're allowed to feel upset about that and I completely get why you do.

I know that it isn't the same thing, but perhaps there is a way you can arrange a non-professional photoshoot with you and some of your friends or family instead. You don't need to have professional cameras and lighting to experience senior pictures, so if you can, why not find a nice spot to take some photos with the people who you would have had your senior photos taken with? You can have some taken of just you too if you like so you have those pictures to look back on one day. You could find a nice park area, or somewhere with a river, or you could just do them at home with a nice backdrop! If you like, you can always make an event of it. Get some party food nibbles and play some music, get people to dress up a bit, and just make your own memories. I know it isn't the same, but sometimes a DIY experience can be even better as it's more personal.

Either way, don't feel bad for feeling upset. It makes a lot of sense.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59

Re: i know it’s probably stupid but... - May 5th 2021, 09:24 PM

This isn’t stupid at all! I’d be really upset too.

I agree with maybe a non-professional graduation. People who are friends/family learning photography may be cheaper. Or, maybe a loved one who is good with photos will do it for free (but don’t get upset if they want payment, of course, since it is something that they’re doing on their time). My friend and I also took photos of each other because we couldn’t walk for our college graduation due to Covid. You can get a nice outfit (and/or your cap and gown if you have it) and go somewhere nice to take photos. We went to my local park but I’m sure there are other areas too.

The other thing about DIY photos is they can be Photoshopped or edited if you want. I know there’s some groups on Facebook where if you ask the group to photoshop something they’ll do it out of their kindness. Of course this is likely minor edits and or a huge project, but it’s still something.

Congratulations on graduating though. This is a HUGE milestone and even if you can’t take pictures you deserve to celebrate in some way.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: i know it’s probably stupid but... - May 10th 2021, 07:22 AM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your photos. It's definitely not a stupid thing to be upset about. I probably would be too! I also agree to a non-professional photographer to maybe take a nice photo of you however, I understand it's not the same. Congratulations on graduating and I hope you have the best time!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47 Points: 108,978, Level: 47

Re: i know it’s probably stupid but... - May 22nd 2021, 02:46 PM

Hello,

Thank you so much for coming onto Teenhelp and telling us about what you have been going through and I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon.

I first wanted to say Congratulations on graduating, this is a wonderful thing. I am so sorry about your pictures, when you see your other siblings do this and then you are not able to, it is hard to deal with. It is totally fine to feel however you do. Would you be able to have your friends take pictures of you and go have them made up at the grocery stores? I know some of the people in my class at school that did this. I hope that you will be okay soon and you are able to come up with something great.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,