TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Unhappy This Sucks! - July 25th 2009, 08:18 PM

So this probably seems a really stupid thing to be upset about but I just need to rant and get it out I guess.
When I joined my high school in Year 9 I was really shy and you know like you are, I'm not out going I was depressed, hurting, lonely and I didn't know that many people - My form teacher helped me through alot of it and I soon started to fit into my class and now we're like one big family.
So I found out the other day that my teacher has been promoted and he'll be head of year 10 when i got back and start sixth form so this means he won't be my form teacher anymore and I wont have him at all for any lessons, I'm so bummed out. Maybe that seems a little stupid but I don't want a new teacher, he helped me through so much stuff in the last three years and we've bonded so much - I remember stupid things like on his birthday we all got together and printed a stupid picture of him onto a cake we got him balloons and we had a party but it's not going to be the same anymore, thats one thing i was looking foward to when i went back to school - our little family, he didn't want to put any of us into different classes because we were all so close and refused to let any of us move and now he's leaving and we have some other teacher I'm not looking foward to meeting.
The thing is, we have so many memories together as a class - when I was depressed he helped me through it he didn't judge me at all in anyway, I remember we went to Italy on a music tour and he got me a birthday cake, sung happy birthday going up a rollercoaster, brought me a photo of us together and a new belt, just because it was my 16th?
I probably sound so stupid but It's really upsetting, I'm just glad he'll still be around to say hello too at times, I'm just going to miss him heeps.
He is by far one of the most amazing people I have ever met. It's just not going to be the same.

Is it just me or has anyone else got a special bond with there teacher?

Rant over

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: This Sucks! - July 26th 2009, 02:27 AM

Hey Jess. I think your situation is completely understandable, and it doesn't sound stupid at all.

I think that a lot of people have formed bonds like that with classmates and teachers, and of course it's hard when you have to move on. But the good thing is that you had the time that you have had with your teacher, and you've been able to find help and support out of that friendship. You found a good friend in your teacher, and I think that that's great. I'm sure that he'll be a teacher you always remember.

Is there any way that you guys could keep in touch? Over email, maybe? I know that some of my teachers have given out their email addresses in order to keep touch in the past. Maybe he would be willing to do that as well? I know it wouldn't quite be the same, but at least that way he could remain a friend.

I hope you find some way to work through this, and feel a bit better soon Hang in there. x

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Re: This Sucks! - July 26th 2009, 04:01 AM

Hey, thanks.
Theres not really anyway we can stay in touch unless she use the school email, might do that. Or the rather good plan of adding each other one facebook but we can't do that until I leave Year 13 and I'm starting Year 12 In September. I'll still get to see him hanging around every now and then but it's just not nice letting go.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  Send a message via MSN to AshtrayHeart  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
*Faith* Offline
They'll never know.
I've been here a while

Name: Faith

Re: This Sucks! - July 26th 2009, 06:40 PM

If he's still around school then you could still talk to him if you need someone to lean on right? So you won't fully have to let go. Plus you don't know what this new teacher is like. I know they might not be able to replace him but they might be able to help you right or you could get him to explain your situation to the new teacher. Saying that you feel down at times.

You were the angel of my life, taught me to be free
Now I'm a stranger in your eyes.

Closed Thread