TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Christmas memory - December 25th 2019, 04:59 PM

Christmas can be a tough time for many people. I'd like people to share something good that happened to them today. An event that you might remember in upcoming years.

If you can't think of anything for this year, what's your favorite Christmas memory?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Christmas memory - January 4th 2020, 07:54 PM

I think the greatest thing that happened this year was when I opened one of my gifts and saw it was something I was told I would have to pay for myself — ie, I would not be getting it as a Christmas gift even though I had requested.

That was certainly a pleasant surprise.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Christmas memory - January 4th 2020, 08:10 PM

I can't believe I missed this thread!

I had to take a few moments to think. I think my favourite Christmas memory was definitely when it was my first year of university. I came home for 3 weeks and spent time with my family. It was the first time I'd seen them since I'd started university, and it actually made the whole experience much nicer, and made me feel closer to my family because I'd had a lot of distance apart from them.

I can't remember if this was part of that memory, or another, but I'll add it anyway... My mum came to visit me for the first time, and we spent the whole day adventuring around the city where the university is located. We spent time in my halls room chatting and doing whatever. I remember taking her back to the train station and her leaving. When I waved her goodbye and the train took off, I felt this huge lump in my throat. It was the very first time I actually had a proper good time with my mum. One I really enjoyed. So having to say goodbye to her was extremely hard for that first visit.

The whole experience was the most impacting Christmas holiday for me because it was filled with so much change and emotion.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,892, Level: 47 Points: 108,892, Level: 47 Points: 108,892, Level: 47

Re: Christmas memory - January 4th 2020, 09:27 PM

It's not Christmas, but Christmas Eve. Hope that's okay.

My parents, two sisters and I always go driving around to look at Christmas lights We we're having an amazing time together. Some even had music to the lights. It was a lovely time. This makes me feel and think about great times that we are all having together and it's something that I can keep with me

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20 Points: 20,816, Level: 20

Re: Christmas memory - January 6th 2020, 11:08 AM

I just want to buy presents for my loved ones and watch them be happy.
Then I like to cook christmas cookies as well.

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Christmas memory - January 6th 2020, 01:22 PM

I was visiting my uncle, as I always do for Christmas Eve. They've got a red-haired spaniel that's only about a year old and she's a real ball of fire. She won't stay still for ten seconds and I love playing with her! What's more, distant relatives visited us as well and they brought their dog that I didn't know. It was a fluffy white terrier. So it was basically a doggie evening for me with one dog expected and one a surprise

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Christmas memory - January 8th 2020, 06:43 PM

This year, my favourite memories have been me and my brothers shocked when my mum, who doesn't usually play board games, seems to win countdown for the second year in a row. She got the 'conundrum' part right and she does it so quickly, we were just in awe! Also, seeing my mum's reaction when I had got her a bracelet with a flower on it (she loves flowers and this bracelet was definitely her!). Actually, seeing everyone's reactions to the presents I had bought them. And just spending time together, watching films. Even helping with the food shopping, which I don't usually do, but want to do more often.

This year was also my first Christmas where I am studying for a masters in a different location (I commute though). I've loved exploring the shops and seeing how a different city decorates with lights! And it was so nice when we went on a end of year trip to visit a Christmas market in England....I want to take my mum there one day, it was lovely!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
Closed Thread