TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   General (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/)
-   -   summer is almost here (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f3-general/t161457-summer-almost-here/)

Allyson Wood March 22nd 2021 04:05 AM

summer is almost here

The weather is getting warmer, the days longer, and spring will say farewell before you know it–summer is almost here.

So, what are you looking for in summer this year guys?

Sprite-1 March 22nd 2021 11:14 AM

Re: summer is almost here

Most of all is seeing my boyfriend able to walk again! Secondly we can go sail-boarding with our friends and family.

And thirdly, Ted and I have a great time at our new school!

Everglow. March 22nd 2021 11:38 AM

Most of all I'm looking to stay as cool as possible :nosweat: I don't cope well with heat!

But the main thing I'm looking for is to hopefully be in a better place as a country so that I can see my friends and family again. I'd like to go on some days out into nature, maybe take a picnic and some dogs and just enjoy being outside again. If it's allowed or possible, a weekend away somewhere in the UK would be nice too to change things up a bit!

DeletedAccount59 March 22nd 2021 03:27 PM

I'm hopeful things will be sorted out decently enough for July 4th fireworks.
Even if it's a small gathering, it'll be some sense of normalcy after a hellish year.

I don't cope well either with the heat, and it definitely felt warm when I was out just now; even though it's only in the 50s. The whole week is supposed to be in the 50s, except for Friday; that's not common for late March where I live.

It's going to be a hot summer! D:

Rivière March 22nd 2021 04:37 PM

I'm looking forward to going on some summer walks again. My mum and I did it last year during the first UK lockdown and it was really nice. Once every week we'd buy a meal deal to share between us, and get a couple of scratch cards. Then we'd go off for a walk somewhere, sit under our usual tree spot and have our food and drink. We'd be out for around an hour to an hour and a half depending on how hot it is.

Other than that, I'm looking forward not to have to wear a zillion layers of clothing in my own home because it's old and doesn't keep the heat in very well. :nosweat:

Celyn March 24th 2021 05:38 PM

If we aren't in a lockdown and can travel more than 5 miles, me and my family would love to go to the park and beach and get an ice cream and just walk around in the warmer weather :)

Sprite-1 March 24th 2021 05:56 PM

Our weather along the Riviera is good with temperatures nudging past 66F/18 to 19C and tonight it's 59F/15C. I expect we'll have some thunderstorm boomers soon with waterspouts - the latter are always fun as they're harmless.

Our garden is full of flowers. But our summertime days will be scorching.

Allyson Wood March 25th 2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite-1 (Post 1364548)
Most of all is seeing my boyfriend able to walk again! Secondly we can go sail-boarding with our friends and family.

And thirdly, Ted and I have a great time at our new school!

It will be a splash!

Sprite-1 March 27th 2021 10:09 AM

We'll be fiddling with all our clocks and watches soon, but at least our evenings will be lighter. :D

Allyson Wood March 29th 2021 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite-1 (Post 1364866)
We'll be fiddling with all our clocks and watches soon, but at least our evenings will be lighter. :D

Sometimes keeping yourself occupied is the best thing to do.

Sprite-1 March 29th 2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson Wood (Post 1365014)
Sometimes keeping yourself occupied is the best thing to do.

I'm happy with the small things, same with all of my family.

Allyson Wood March 30th 2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite-1 (Post 1365052)

I'm happy with the small things, same with all of my family.

Sometimes being hedonistic is a good thing. Family bonding is the most memorable thing but there are a lot of things to be happy about during this summer vacation also and this site has its info https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/40-...-summer-220963 make sure to read it.

Sprite-1 March 31st 2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allyson Wood (Post 1365130)
Sometimes being hedonistic is a good thing. Family bonding is the most memorable thing but there are a lot of things to be happy about during this summer vacation also and this site has its info https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/40-...-summer-220963 make sure to read it.

I enjoyed that link - thank you! :) Movie nights we frequently have, but walking around Monaco only means seeing expensive shops and million euro timepieces, would you believe? Monaco is just - indescribable. :hehe: But we've a motor catamaran and take frequent trips along the mediterranean coast, or drop anchor to fish. Or just hang out. It's so peaceful out on the sea.

No 'foraging' here. That would be France, but with Covid lurking in what is a highly contagious country, we prefer to stay onboard or lounge around our garden and mini forest. I doubt France would allow us in, despite us having vaccine cards and ID.

Have you any plans this Easter? Or, just go for a walk in the park or laze around?

I use a hammock to laze on or do my school's coursework, so that's ticked off, thanks.

'Sporty' is out except for hooking up rock lobsters from rocky pools. Such fun! :nosweat: But 'Volunteer work' in Monaco, can't happen because everyone is loaded. :dem:

One day Ted and I want to go to Switzerland to our late parents' chalets. Until then, he's going to walk again but we take each day as it comes.

Thank you for thinking of me. Feel welcome to PM me, any time. :)