TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Chit-Chat Post all of your off-topic and chatting threads here!

Note: Posts made in this forum don't contribute towards your post count.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
The magic word... expelliarmus
I've been here a while

Name: Ask me :)

Question What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 03:18 PM

What is your favourite quote(s)?
Mine are; ' The most beautiful thing is the smile that struggles through the pain and tears.'
and 'We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act but habit.'

'Never do anything that you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
LiveHelp operator 25/04/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
General Health mod 13/10/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 03:21 PM

Ahh your perfect thread haha

Mine is one that you said: "Everyday may not be good, but there's something good in everyday" <-- i love that one.

Also, as sad as it sounds, ones from TV...Because i'm sad enough to watch the shows over and over again and i could recite them lool

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safe-inside-my-head View Post
Also, as sad as it sounds, ones from TV...Because i'm sad enough to watch the shows over and over again and i could recite them lool
I'm the same and films, and books...people usually have no idea what I'm talking about lol. I won't go into those.

One of my favourites is from Jimi Hendrix - "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." - Kurt Cobain

And a funny one... "Friends are like bras - close to your heart and there for support."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 07:00 PM

I love quotes.
I have a million in my About Me. But I think my current favorite is the one in my sig.
It's from Secret Window (which is one of the best movies evar). It just really makes me think.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 08:11 PM

I've been watching a lot of One Tree Hill lately and they have some awesome quotes..

"At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world, some are running scared, some are coming home, some tell lies to make it through the day, others are just not facing the truth, some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls, and sometimes, all you need is one"

"Every song has an ending, but is that any reason not to enjoy the music?"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
SlashCat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: xE (that's Zee)

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 08:25 PM

More than kisses, sir, letters mingle souls.

We are made of the sharpest things you say

(#7 (permalink)) Old
eaty Offline
Lead Moderator

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 09:51 PM

I love quotes, and little sayings. I have a ton of books filled with quotes, and a bunch saved to my computer.

One of my favorites ever is the one I have in my signature. "Being someone's friend isn't about what you should have done. It's about what you do" It is from a TV show, Kyle XY.

I'll try and post some more later.

Project Advisor, Chat Officer and Disputes Committee Member.
PM me Anytime if you need anything.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
lola jonson Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: lola

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 23rd 2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaty View Post
I love quotes, and little sayings. I have a ton of books filled with quotes, and a bunch saved to my computer.

One of my favorites ever is the one I have in my signature. "Being someone's friend isn't about what you should have done. It's about what you do" It is from a TV show, Kyle XY.

I'll try and post some more later.
i love kyle xy.

my fav quotes are : "if no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?"
and: "people do not beleive lies because they have to but because they want to"
and: " my friend if you live to be a hundred i hope to live to be a hunderd minus one day so that i never have to live without you"
and: my signature

We do not fear death, we fear that no one will notice our absence. That we will disappear without a trace.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
abreacti0n Offline
Scars are Silent Screams
Average Joe

Name: Maria

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 24th 2011, 04:46 PM

Mine are in the signature

Always change though

~ I am Lost Between Fighting and Giving Up ~

The light is always found at the end of a tunnel

Tumblr

PM / VM

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 24th 2011, 05:15 PM

Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

"You win the fight in the training camp, not on the day of the fight.” -Royce Gracie
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 24th 2011, 07:56 PM

I found one that really touched me whilst I was doing my Classics homework a while back. “May those who love prosper; let them perish who cannot love; let them perish twice over who veto love.” - it's grafittied on the wall of the Hous of Caecilius in Pompeii

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 24th 2011, 08:17 PM

One quote that I try to live by is "The Golden Rule" my parents always told me to that one should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.
My second favorite one that I've been trying to apply to my life is the one on my signature. Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
super_spark Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 26th 2011, 02:09 PM

JFK -
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be Stronger Men"

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 26th 2011, 02:13 PM

'If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I would not pass it round. Trouble creates a capacity to handle it. I don't embrace trouble; that's as bad as treating it as an enemy. But I do say meet it as a friend, for you'll see a lot of it and had better be on speaking terms with it.'

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#15 (permalink)) Old
amystery Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Becca

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 27th 2011, 12:03 AM

There comes a time when every life goes off course. In this desperate moment you must choose your direction. Will you fight to stay on the path while others tell you who you are? Or will you label yourself? Will you be honored by your choice? Or will you embrace your new path? Each morning you choose to move forward or to simply give up.
~One Tree Hill

You ever look a picture of yourself, and see a stranger in the background?. It makes you wonder how many strangers have pictures of you. How many moments of other peoples life have we been in. Were we a part of someone's life when their dream came true or were we there when their dream died. Did we keep trying to get in? As if we were somehow destined to be there or did the shot take us by surprise. Just think, you could be a big part of someone elses life, and not even know it.
~One Tree Hill

You know it's been said that we just don't recognize the significant moments of our lives while they are happening. We grow complacent with ideas, or things or people and we take them for granted and it's usually not until that thing is about to be taken away from you that you've realized how wrong you've been that you realized how much you need it, how much you love it.
~One Tree Hill

Every once in a while people step up, they rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you, and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes, it can push pretty hard, but if you look close enough you find hope in the words of children, in the bars of a song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you're lucky, and if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.
~One Tree Hill

Every song has a CODA, a final movement. Whether it fades out or crashes away. Every song ends. Is that any reason not to enjoy the music? The truth is, there is nothing to be afraid of. It's just life.
~One Tree Hill

At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one.
~One Tree Hill

What a frightening thing the human is, a mass of gauges and dials and registers, and we can read only a few and those perhaps not accurately.
~One Tree Hill

Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not quite, the not yet, and the not at all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours.
~One Tree Hill

Most people are strong. Most people are stronger than they know. They just forget to believe in it sometimes.

Happiness comes in many forms -- in the company of good friends, in the feeling you get when you make someone else's dream come true, or in the promise of hope renewed. It's okay to let yourself be happy because you never know how fleeting that happiness might be.
Have you ever wondered what marks our time here? If one life can really make an impact on the world? Or if the choices we make matter? I believe they do. And I believe that one man can change many lives... for better or worse!

Truth is still absolute. Believe that. Even when that truth is hard and cold, and more painful than you've ever imagined. And even when truth is more cruel than any lie.

Most of our lives are a series of images, they pass us by like towns on a highway. But sometimes a moment stuns us as it happens and we know that this instant is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever.

Okay slight quote addiction and slightly like one tree hill haha. I'll post more later maybe but I've got a whole document of them and book with them written down

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 28th 2011, 05:07 PM

Ooh, I remembered another one!

"If you never knew sorrow, how can you know what's in true happiness?"

It's from an Anna tsuchiya song

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: What is your favourite quote? - February 28th 2011, 05:15 PM

We could have been killed! Or worse, expelled.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 1st 2011, 01:30 AM

I have many favorite quotes. Everytime I find one I write it down.

Some of my favorites:

"If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose." -Charles Bukowski

"If someone were to harm my family or a friend or somebody I love - I would eat them. I might end up in jail for 500 years - but I would eat them" -Johnny Depp

“The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be.” -Edgar Allen Poe

“The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." -Lucille Ball

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda (also my favorite teacher constantly told us this.)

I've plenty of others, but those are the best ones I came across first in my collection.

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Riddikulus Offline
I've been here a while

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 5th 2011, 04:16 PM

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

"If you want to make a song more hummy, add a few tiddely poms.” Winnie the Pooh

Helplink mentor 19/03/11
Self Harm Mod 30/07/11
Chat Mod 16/01/12
Chit-Chat mod 7/05/12
Buddy 4/06/12

RIP Peter <3

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Exulansis Offline
I don't exist anymore.
I've been here a while

Name: Corri

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 5th 2011, 04:22 PM

move on its just a chapter in the past but dont close the book just turn the page
be strong now because things will get better it might be stormy now but it cant rain forever
its true thats we dont know what we got until we lose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing till it arrives
sometimes you need to run away just to see who will come after you
herres to the futrue because im done with the past
someitmes all you can do is laugh to keep yourself from crying
ya i have alot of fav quotes lol

Life is too

Short to spend

It at war with

Yourself.

Exulansis:
The tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it.

I'm the unicorn queen, you must bow before me

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 5th 2011, 04:23 PM

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
— Marilyn Monroe

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
— Marilyn Monroe

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 6th 2011, 12:13 AM

We are who we choose to be. ♥

I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

...The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or learn from it. - Lion King

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 6th 2011, 03:18 AM

Quote:
" Perhaps you could call your cat Meow so it could say it's own name. Or how about Stupid Cat Get Out Of Here. That would really confuse it if you tried to call it over to you." -- Jade Puget | AFI
Well.

*blink*

*cough*

Okay, okay! I couldn't find anything better, and he's (one of my) role model(s)! And I found it hilarious.

But seriously, these are my two favorite quotes:

Quote:
Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Too often the strong, silent man is silent only because he does not know what to say, and is reputed strong only because he has remained silent.

Both by Winston Churchhill. I just found 'em, but they suit me well.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Quartet Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Melanie

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 6th 2011, 05:44 AM

Currently: Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink ~ Charles Bukowski

Colours De Moi

Last edited by Quartet; March 6th 2011 at 05:52 AM.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
:)
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 10th 2011, 03:06 AM

Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live - Not sure who said that.
Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars - Les Brown

Laugh as much as you breathe
and love as long as you live

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 11th 2011, 01:47 AM

I love quotes I have tons of pages in my journals covered with them but my favorite quote is "Always reach for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars."

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#27 (permalink)) Old
DarkKristi Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kristina

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 11th 2011, 03:26 AM

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die." -Leonardo Da Vinci

"How many times can i say i'm not sorry? And how many ways can i show i don't care?" - Type O Negative

"I know, i'll die that night. And i won't be brought back to life. i know." - AFI

"Giving up is really about honoring your feelings. It's about giving up trying to force yourself into a mold of societal shoulds and embracing your true self." - Dan DeVille

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."
-Leonardo Da Vinci

"How many times can i say i'm not sorry? And how many ways can i show i don't care?"
- Type O Negative

"I know, i'll die that night. And i won't be brought back to life. i know."
- AFI

"Giving up is really about honoring your feelings. It's about giving up trying to force yourself into a mold of societal shoulds and embracing your true self."
- Dan DeVille

(#28 (permalink)) Old
ketti Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 11th 2011, 03:48 AM

hi yeah nice choice but my favorite is that "a mountain is not higher than your confidence... because it will be under your feet if you reach at the top.

(#29 (permalink)) Old
01love Offline
Average Joe

Name: Lena

Re: What is your favourite quote? - March 20th 2011, 01:29 AM

"Risk everything, regret nothing"

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot? The world forgetting by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, each prayer accepted and each wish resigned."

"Everybody dies but not everybody lives."

"Tomorrow is another today."

Closed Thread