TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Lifestyle and Hobbies (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f219-lifestyle-hobbies/)
-   -   chess (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f219-lifestyle-hobbies/t150549-chess/)

kalin March 27th 2017 01:03 AM

chess

Does any one like to play chess? I have been playing chess for 6 years now.
chess is one of my favorite subjects to talk about.

NeuroBeautiful March 27th 2017 01:38 AM

Re: chess

I was going to make a thread on this but you beat me to it! :p I love chess. I've been playing on and off. I learned when I was 6 years old and been on my high school chess team. I am still not great at it but I enjoy it.

DeletedAccount69 March 27th 2017 02:21 AM

I want to learn to play chess. I keep hinting to my boyfriend that I want a chess set so he can teach me. I think I am gonna end up buying one at some point though. It looks like it's a fun game.

Sophrosyne March 27th 2017 05:47 AM

I have so many chess sets and hardly ever play them anyway. I do enjoy playing it though, just not as much as I did when I was younger. That might be due to my sister always beating me though. :p

Celyn March 27th 2017 10:22 AM

My dad taught me how to play chess years ago and it was fun. I haven't played in ages though and I do get confused with the direction of moves for the different pieces but otherwise it's good fun to play :D

Arabesque- golfing girl. March 27th 2017 12:08 PM

I'm glad you like to play chess. My grandparents taught me and my sisters how to play. My younger sister loves it a lot. Me and my older sister play sometimes, when we see them, but she plays all of the time with them.

DeletedAccount24 March 27th 2017 02:03 PM

I was part of a chess club in elementary school. I haven't played in years!

Silvan March 27th 2017 02:42 PM

Yes, I love playing chess! I used to be in a team in my previous school, but now I almost don't play at all, only with my dad from time to time. I regret not playing it enough, however it's hard to find some time.
I got a beautiful chess set as a gift when I was 6 or 7 years old and I still adore it. It's wooden and the figures are so precisely carved. <3

Thinking March 27th 2017 05:41 PM

Used to play chess, but not anymore...

Rivière March 30th 2021 10:24 AM

I used to enjoy chess. I'd play it a lot with my uncle who also taught me how to play, and play well.

These days I can't really enjoy it as much since I struggle to keep my attention. I'm very impulsive and don't like sitting around planning one move after the other, after the other, after the other... it's far too time consuming. Maybe when I'm a crusty 70 year old lady in a retirement home, I'll reconsider.