TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CoffeeAddict Offline
legen..wait for it..DARY
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Steph

North Melbourne AFL players produce rubber chicken sex video - April 13th 2009, 01:18 PM

So the football team North Melbourne made this video about a rubber duck having sex with a frozen chicken. Sounds funny, but the commentary in the video was disturbing. They talked about that drugging a girl and having sex with her would be funny. Bad idea, whoever made this video. I saw it on Youtube (it was taken down thankfully) and found it disgusting a disturbing.

Story: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

Follow up story: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfn...222988317.html

Who do you carry that torch for, my young man?
Do you believe in anything?
Or do you carry it around just to burn things down?

Meet me tonight on the turnpike my darling,
where we believe in everything.
If we sweat all these debts then we're sure to drown,
so let's strap ourselves up to this engine now
with our God who we found laying under the back seat.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: North Melbourne AFL players produce rubber chicken sex video - April 13th 2009, 08:57 PM

LOL this is a joke, right? I read the stories and being fined $5000 is ridiculous. So what if they talked about drugging a girl and having sex with her? It was just a harmless video with some odd commentary that made people shit their pants and start bitching and whining. All that had to be done was to take the video off of YouTube and that's it. No need for fining, they're allowed free speech, but if they violate YouTube's policies, their video gets taken down. I'm more disgusted that people bitched and whined enough to have two people pay $5000 simply because some people cannot grow skin, a spine and not go running and whining for someone to get rid of it because it's oh so terrible to their poor lives. The apology part, well, that seems to have been done simply to make the team be in better light although not necessary.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: North Melbourne AFL players produce rubber chicken sex video - April 13th 2009, 09:12 PM

That doesn't sound even half as bad as some of the crap that makes it on to TV, to be honest. It puzzles me whenever there's an outcry about something like this on the internet, because it's literally everywhere and if people are so opposed to it then how on earth do they manage to miss most of it?

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Paul. Offline
Average Joe

Re: North Melbourne AFL players produce rubber chicken sex video - April 13th 2009, 09:57 PM

Perhaps it doesn't sound so bad to you people with "thick skin," but do remember that we're talking about many young peoples' idols. A bunch of kids will be associating the silliness of the rubber chicken video with rape. Can you imagine what it would look like to see a little kid harmlessly imitating the video with his friends? It would sound horrid. Kids are so susceptible to simple associations.

Joking about rape is never okay. You have no clue what its like for the victims, I don't know what its like myself, but its hard enough for them to come forward in our flawed societies. You get a bunch of high profile idol like figures joking about it and reaching their young fans, well, that's a problem.

By the way. $5000 is nothing. I was in Melbourne and I believe that is the same as the fine for streaking in the field there.

Closed Thread