TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Amorphous. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Hamed Khatiz

Conspiracy Theories. - April 26th 2013, 10:34 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Okay, so how common are conspiracy theories and does anyone actually listen to them? . For those who don't already know, conspiracy theorists are people who make these really weird and far fetched theories about the behaviour if especially governments but celebrities as well.....

So for example (triggering with a question mark for suicide), the suicide of British nurse, Jacinta Saldana..... I THINK I got that that right . But some people believe that the British government murdered her, she didn't die of suicide.

Another example is the theory that filmmakers put subliminal signs in their pieces to warn people of nine eleven before it happened, and that the US Government LET those planes enter the airspace and crash......

So my question is, these are so far fetched, do people listen to them?

H.

“At times the world may seem an unfriendly and sinister place,
But believe that there is much more good in it than bad.
All you have to do is look hard enough,
And what might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey.”

~My Childhood Friend.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Conspiracy Theories. - April 26th 2013, 11:25 PM

I listen to them but maybe that's just because I'm weird. Most people I know hear it and talk about it as a joke and don't believe it (I live in ny) I have a very strong opinion on who the American government is and what their intentions are (very untrusting towards them) I also believe there is a globalist agenda and a new world order, though that's something I have evidence of authority talking about, not just conspiracy theorists. It was even in a documentary.
Recently my dad told me I had to stop looking into those because our last name is arabic and he's afraid they'll consider it suspicious since the government really does spy on citizens. But I just don't get it, if it's on the web why can't I do research about it. It's called self educating and becoming an independent thinker by looking at multiple sources instead of textbooks that are one sided. Obviously I'll form my own opinion, I don't believe everything they say, even the conspiracies, I still question it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JustACityBoy Offline
Telemachus
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Carl

Re: Conspiracy Theories. - April 27th 2013, 04:52 AM

The world around us is a mystery. What's on TV might not actually be happening. Our textbooks might be random, untrue stuff.
The Government COULD and CAN lie to us.
World might be smaller then we know it is.

Afterall, who built the pyramids? It required precise astrology and beyond our current state of level to do such a thing within a decade.

I personally don't believe in them, but I don't believe everything the government says either.
I haven't spent enough time or have knowledge to make a judgement on the conspiracy anyways besides further outside sources.

What lies ahead is unknown. However, in some times, I've sighted several smooth pavements. I myself am the mender of roads, and it is with these we work on.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Conspiracy Theories. - April 27th 2013, 09:14 AM

I usually pay very little attention to this kind of thing, but they can be hard to ignore at times.

For example, I live near Shannon, and, naturally, I've heard a host of conspiracy theories about the airport, especially those regarding the increase in its use as a drop-off point for the US Military. And, like I said, it can be hard to ignore. 7 out of every 10 times I've flown out of that airport, there have been American soldiers there. It's a passenger airport built to serve the west of Ireland, so why is it used almost like an army base?

To add to that, I remember an explosion that occured at a chemical plant in Shannon Town itself last year. No-one was killed, but "dangerous gases" were released into the air. The plant itself was a plain building, with nothing indicating what it was used for, and the name of the organisation who run the plant wasn't released in the news. Interesting, huh?
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Maverick. Offline
Deep Thinker
I've been here a while

Name: Anthony

Re: Conspiracy Theories. - April 27th 2013, 10:33 AM

Recently I'm beginning to think as to whether or not Michael Jackson actually died. His whole death seemed kinda rush rush, and too many things aren't adding up. Plus that 100 concert tour he was going to do just didn't make sense. Maybe he got cold feet and tried to find a way out of it. Plus all the other negative things in his life.

Plus this really makes me think Michael Jackson is still alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En5Q4syywcw

But nonetheless it is a conspiracy theory like Area 51, and Men in Black and other stuff.

You've had a landscaper and a house keeper since you were born
The sunshine always kept you warm.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Conspiracy Theories. - April 27th 2013, 10:44 AM

The illuminati conspiracy theory... I was going to make a thread about it but ultimately didn't bother. Too much effort.

Most conspiracy theories are bullshit and made up by people with boring lives and too much time on their hands.

Some of them are made up by people just to get followers. Those can be quite convincing sometimes.

A few are genuine.

Anyhow, conspiracy theories are good things. They get people to question whether something's true or not or if there's something more to it. There almost always is something more to it. It's just a shame a lot of those people balls up with bullshit such as the G8 being a terrorist organisation funded by a colony of Martians on the moon. Or the crapola with Illuminati/Atlantis and aliens. It makes me laugh.

9/11 being an inside job of the USA? In order to give it the pretence to enforce some sort of police state? Yea it's possible. How likely though? Some basic psychology will teach anyone that people often see and hear what they want to see and hear. Same as if someone is looking for trouble, they'l find it. If someone already hates the government and is looking to punch holes in every statement the government makes, they'l do it. They'l bend the facts, without even necessarily being aware of it. They'l take coincidences, line them up, and say that it was planned by some obscure authority. What I find laughable though is when some of those people publish some sort of interview with someone on the "inside" who won't state his name or anything out of fear. I could do the same. I could do it right now. It proves nothing.

When I was 6 I had a nightmare that I got knocked the fuck out in the face by a metal object of some sort. The next day, exactly that happened in the playground. Someone let go of a swing and it nearly cracked my bottom jaw in two. I'm 22 years old now. That's over 8000 dreams at least, assuming only 1 per night. I think that dream I had was rather coincidence. I'm no fortune teller. It spooked me for a little while when I was younger though.

On another note... some people should stop confusing globalization and capitalism with "new world order".

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; April 27th 2013 at 11:04 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Re: Conspiracy Theories. - April 27th 2013, 11:40 AM

Just utter crap, I'll look at them if they seem interesting enough or have garnered a bit more attention but generally it is very easy to swiftly see through them.

Closed Thread