TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 14,814, Level: 17 Points: 14,814, Level: 17 Points: 14,814, Level: 17

Im being verbally bullied - April 30th 2009, 07:46 AM

Ok so these 2 girls have started to bully me.
They call me lesbian, idiot, fucking wanker. they tell me to get a life and die. and some other worse stuff i dont want to type.

Its getting to me alot and has even left me to skive school today. The thing is if i tell a adult the girls will get yr 11 and 10s and 9s ( im in yr 9) to beat me up. The friends that do know r to scared to do anything to help me.

Im really upset and i have tried ignoring them but it doesnt achieve anything. I have also tried talkin to them i told them that it was upsetting me and they just laughed and said worse things to me.

One of them even told miss i was swearing at her ( which i wasnt) and i ended up getting sent outside for 40 min and it was a maths revision lesson and we were revising something i dont understand.

Its tareing me down and i dont know wat to do.
LIZ

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Naomi. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Naomi

Points: 24,388, Level: 22 Points: 24,388, Level: 22 Points: 24,388, Level: 22

Re: Im being verbally bullied - April 30th 2009, 08:05 AM

Liz,
you need to tell someone
as you are only in y9, you may even be able to move schools
open up, tell your mum? she wants to help!!!
im here for you
hope to see you tonight xox

Dream ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19 Points: 17,267, Level: 19

Re: Im being verbally bullied - April 30th 2009, 11:31 AM

Elizabeth,

When it comes to bullying, keeping silent is never the answer. Yes, the girls may have threatened to cause you physical harm if you report their behavior towards you - however, there's no guarantee this is something they would go through with. It could be an empty threat to scare you into keeping quiet or to make you feel as if they have complete control. If it is a genuine threat though, the threat would need to be reported to whoever you tell as well; your school would find a way to keep you safe. Keep in mind a report would be made confidentially, and your school would not disclose to the girls it was you who made the report unless you give them the ok or if your safety is at risk.

I think we both know what they're doing isn't all right and that you shouldn't have to put up with this. Something needs to be done, that much is clear. You can't allow their behavior to continue, especially if it's interfering with your studies.

Ignoring a bully and confrontation are ways to try and solve the problem, however, these two methods don't always work - as you've seen. It's good you tried those two methods instead of stooping down to their level or anything like that. But to be honest, I think the only thing left to do would be to report this to a teacher, school guidance counselor, a member of the administration at your school...report it to someone who can help.

Most schools do have a zero-tolerance policy towards bullying. If your school doesn't get involved - don't keep quiet. Talk to your parents and go straight to the head of your school / school district, the school committee, even your city...if you make enough noise, something will be done. Hopefully though, it won't get to the level you'll have to take it beyond the administration at your school.

What can your school do to stop the bullying? They could suspend or, possibly even expel [expulsion probably won't happen but there's a slight chance, I'd say] the two girls. They'd switch you out of classes where possible so you'll be able to avoid them. They'll alert teachers as to what's going on, so if one of them tells a teacher something false [like you're swearing or something] the teacher will be on his/her guard and will not punish you, but will take the appropriate steps to try and keep this from happening in the future. Your school might contact the girls' parents to alert them of their behavior. There are ways to get them away from you and to keep yourself safe, Elizabeth. And while I don't believe any bullying victim should have to leave his/her school to ensure safety, that very well may be what you'll have to do if things don't work out they way you'd hope them to. Talking with your parents about switching schools would be an option, yes, but I'd say it would be more of a last resort.

No matter how bad things are right now...whether they threaten you or what - nothing is going to change unless you get adults involved. The girls will continue to act this way towards you and bully you. It'll continue to affect you. The problem could even escalate. It could get to the point they're physically harming you on a daily basis. You never know where this is going to lead. Unless you take the steps to get this to stop, no matter what the risks, nothing is going to change.

Let me know anytime you'd like to talk about anything, all right? My PM box is open anytime you'd like to chat. Take good care of yourself and hang in there, I know this can be frustrating but it won't be this way forever.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Liz94 Offline
Here I go again
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Elizabeth

Points: 14,814, Level: 17 Points: 14,814, Level: 17 Points: 14,814, Level: 17

Re: Im being verbally bullied - May 3rd 2009, 01:01 AM

So wat if they physically harm me i SH so it would mean they r hurtin me instead of me hurting myself.
Thanks for the advice but tbh im too angry , annoyed and hating myself at the moment that i dont really care.
LIZ

"Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

"For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." 2 Timothy 1:7

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

PM/VM me anytime
LIZ
Closed Thread