TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ariel Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Ariel

Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 05:04 AM

Do they get along or are they rivals. I mean they pretty much share the same ideas right.?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
star_crossd Offline
Color Me Chaotic
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 05:11 AM

Huh. Ive never actually thought about that. Maybe they have group meetings with each other? Go out for coffee and doughnuts?

I wonder if Google would turn up anything abut this...

Yesterday I saw you kissing tiny flowers
But everything that lives is born to die
And so I say to you that nothing really matters
And all you do is stand and cry.

Music is life. Start living.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 05:21 AM

Um...I doubt it? They are two different groups, with different ideals. They share the white supremacy ideal, but otherwise that's about it. The Nazis focused more of religion, and Anti-Semitic beliefs, than anything else. I don't think Nazism has much to do with race.

The Klan does. The Klan is for white supremacy, but that doesn't mean anyone who is not white should die or anything. If someone of colour is wronged, and proven to be wronged, then they should have equal justice.

Both groups are complicated and very different. I know they had come together before, like the Greensboro Massacre of 1979, but honestly stuff like that happens.I do not think they are rivals, but I also do not believe they work together.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 05:59 AM

I may be completely wrong, but heres my take.

Nazi's: Not just racist, but also anti-semetic. They view their race (Aaryan) as pure and believe that minorities and such only mess up the gene pool. They believe in Eugenics and such, and believe their own race is superior to all others. Its a much more extreme view than the KKKs.

KKK: While also a form of white supremacy, its not as extreme as the Nazi's. Their goal is for America to stay a WASP nation. They believe that since whites founded it, then it should whites who also rule, and have the majority say in where this country goes. Their goal is to have a WASP dominated America, not a WASP dominated world. They don't care for minorities as whole, and don't want to kill them all like the Nazis do, but they don't believe they should hold power in America.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Union Of V Offline
Scepticism With A Tail
I can't get enough

Name: Basil!!!

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 05:27 PM

I'm not an expert on this, but I believe that while they're the same kind of group, their differences are as a result of where they originated.

The neo-nazis are (obviously) based on the Nazi ideals which came out of early 20th century Europe - a time of imperialism and widespread anti-semtism. Therefore there would be of course the emphasis on anti-semitism, and also a more political aspect.

The KKK came out of the American White Supremist culture, so the blacks were more the enemy. However (I might be wrong on this) I don't think there was a real political side to the KKK, that it was more a civil organisation (like the Orange Order and Apprentice Boys in Northern Ireland).

So they were similar radical conservative organisations, in the same way that the Bolsheviks and the Capitalists were similar. Doesn't quite mean they were best friends though...
  Send a message via MSN to Union Of V  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
msbunnykins Offline
Obsessive cat owner.
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 06:38 PM

All I know is that Nazi's really discriminate against everyone that is not a white male. I watched a short documentary on CurrentTV about Neo Nazis in Russia, and they took the reporter to the woods and talked to him about everything, and showed him some videos. From what I got from it, they don't really like women, either. But, they really hate foreigners and black people. They showed videos of a middle easterner just walking down the street and they started beating him up very, very badly, and then burned his passport. They're quite crazy.

I don't know how much they compare though.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbunnykins View Post
All I know is that Nazi's really discriminate against everyone that is not a white male. I watched a short documentary on CurrentTV about Neo Nazis in Russia, and they took the reporter to the woods and talked to him about everything, and showed him some videos. From what I got from it, they don't really like women, either. But, they really hate foreigners and black people. They showed videos of a middle easterner just walking down the street and they started beating him up very, very badly, and then burned his passport. They're quite crazy.

I don't know how much they compare though.
pretty much the same with kkk, they hate everyone not white.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 07:50 PM

I don't know. I mean the revival of the KKK in this country happened after the linching of Leo Frank, who was a Jewish man wrongfully convicted of raping and killing Mary Phagan. So technically the KKK got it's start in Anti-Semetism. But the KKK has evolved since then so maybe the groups now have more differences.

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 09:41 PM

I'd also like to point out that the KKK is more of an organization than a title as the Neo-Nazi's. I also feel as though KKK puts out more awareness for their cause. But that could be just the place I live in, the people I live around, etc.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
udontno Offline
</3?
I can't get enough

Name: Amanda Kate

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 5th 2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidig View Post
I'd also like to point out that the KKK is more of an organization than a title as the Neo-Nazi's. I also feel as though KKK puts out more awareness for their cause. But that could be just the place I live in, the people I live around, etc.
I agree, I hear far more about the KKK than I ever hear about neo-nazis.

I think that they are different, but the difference is a fine line. In the end, they both are groups that hate.

--A

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 6th 2009, 01:21 AM

Something that was just brought to light to me the other day is that "anti-semetism" is a negative of a word that we never use. I've NEVER heard anyone ever say semetism, semetic, semite, etc.

Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 6th 2009, 01:49 AM

I would think they'd want to get along with each other... :S
I mean wouldn't they want to have some allies, I mean I doubt they would get close to any other gangs liek the crips and bloods lol

(#13 (permalink)) Old
BlurrySunset Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meg

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 6th 2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbunnykins View Post
All I know is that Nazi's really discriminate against everyone that is not a white male.
Not necessarily. They also executed homosexuals, people with mental disorders, and members of many other minorities, all of which could fall under the 'white male' category.

Today, the neo-nazis are more focused on anti-semitic views, I believe. The KKK is focused on racism. They have the same agenda, but different ideologies.

I lost myself in the space between heaven and hell.
...where do we go from here?

R.I.P. Sarah; 1991-2009
Kacy; 1992-2009
I'll never forget.

Two months clean and sober.
Seven months since last cut.
Still struggling and surviving.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 6th 2009, 04:41 AM

In a way, yeah, both groups are similar.
Nazis believed that it was their duty to destory all races that were not 'pure.' They believed that everyone who was not an Aryan (pure descendants of those who lived in Austria and Germany). If people didn't have what they defined as the Aryan characteristics, they were discriminated against and thought to not be pure.

The KKK were/are similar in the way that they believed that Protestants were most worthy of being in power and control of the government. They saw most other religions as being a threat to their power and beliefs. They're against blacks, of course, but also Catholics, Lutherans, etc (basically anyone not white and Protestant).

So, I'd say that yeah, they share some of the same beliefs, but not necessarily towards the same groups of people. But I doubt that they get along. After all, I'm thinking most KKK members aren't Aryan. Nazis hate people who aren't Aryan, right? And most Nazi's are not Protestant, more than likely. So.... I woudn't think they'd be friends, so to speak. I think that the major differences were that the Nazis were a political group where as the KKK weren't.

But my facts might be messed up. I don't have the best memory from my Social Studies book

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Adean Offline
Almost 4000 posts.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mary

Re: Neo-nazis vs kkk - May 8th 2009, 06:00 PM

I think they are competing for the same ideals. The Neo-Nazis marched in Toledo because they felt a white family was being discriminated by a bunch of black families.

Beware of the cats.

Closed Thread