TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Trump banning Muslims - December 8th 2015, 04:36 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politi...ims/index.html
Huh, can't believe this hasn't been made yet.
Donald Trump is trying to say that America should ban Muslims from entering the country. This is completely ridiculous, and even though I think he is just pandering to that 15-25% of Americans who are complete idiots in order to win the Republican primary, if he is actually serious, I think he would be the worst president America has ever had by a long shot.
Those are a small portion of my thoughts. Discuss.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 9th 2015, 01:16 AM

I think that what he said was pretty uncalled for. Trump has been a very respected person for a very long time- by a lot of people- including Muslims. I don't think he should be saying such a big "fuck you" to a group of people who probably saw him as a respectable person.

That said- its hardly abnormal for people to stigmatize groups of people after a shooting. After every other mass shooting- people start calling for increased restriction on people with diagnosed mental illnesses. A lot of people will find that offensive as well , but nobody ever says anything- because it's a more socially accepted stigma. Our society is "ok" with painting everyone with a mental illness as a potential rampage shooter , but always tries to immediately emphasize that Islam is not a violent religion and that these attacks are committed by radical extremist groups.

What Trump said is only shocking because he said it about a group that is more culturally protected.

Last edited by Proud90sKid; December 9th 2015 at 01:38 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 9th 2015, 03:48 AM

Trump seems to have negative things to say about women, people of color such as Mexicans, and now religions such as Muslims. Not sure who he expects to vote for him at this point.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 9th 2015, 06:48 PM

Honestly I have no idea how he even got into politics. Probably the sense of power. He's such an idiot who is so out of touch with the real world.
Amusingly, there's a petition going round to restrict HIS access to the UK.

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 9th 2015, 07:41 PM

Oh yes thank you for posting this, because I am appalled. It's disgusting that someone could say something like that. Seriously, how can someone be that racist, that stupid?
But the part that gets me the most is his arrogance.
"I have common sense." Are you freaking kidding me? Will someone please stop this idiot?

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 9th 2015, 11:42 PM

According to him, he is also the "least racist person you'll ever meet", he has one of the "all-time great memories" (he says, recalling an event that never occurred, "Muslims cheering after 9/11"), and "he loves the Muslims". Wouldn't it be great if he said "Gotcha!" and exposed the millions of freaking idiots in this country for what they are? That would redeem his own idiocy.
They are supporting the same fascist platform that Hitler essentially had. That meme is everywhere, look it up...

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlamaLlamaDuck View Post
Honestly I have no idea how he even got into politics. Probably the sense of power. He's such an idiot who is so out of touch with the real world.
Amusingly, there's a petition going round to restrict HIS access to the UK.
I heard about that! Can't say I blame you guys. I guess after the whole Muslim thing many Republicans are beginning to reject Trump as well and he may have to end up running as an independent.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jordioa18 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jordi

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 06:37 AM

The only reason he is in the presidential campaign is because he has a lot of money, that's it.

PSN: jordioa18

If you need help, PM/VM me
  Send a message via Skype™ to Jordioa18 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 06:57 AM

Regardless of how he does, this screws over the current Republican Party so bad. It makes them look super racist, even if they deny it, and there is mathematically no chance to win the general election with only stupid white people and some reluctant Republicans. I highly doubt real Republicans would actually support him, I think they would just stay awake all night before election day, knowing they can't choose between two evils. Though how anyone can imagine that Hillary is evil is beyond me, she just seems like a normal politician with a couple overblown screw-ups.
UNLESS Hillary set him up to ruin the Republican party for this election. And I'm not going to lie... I think its brilliant. That's an evil I could get behind actually, because its not like the Republicans could get someone better this election, so I think the ends definitely justify the means. However, the means are destructive to all the people Trump is insulting... ask anyone who is non-white.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 01:02 PM

You'd be surprised by how many stupid white people there are, and the people that support him, especially when he does something insensitive. They supported him when he made fun of the disabled reporter, they supported him when he wanted to build a freaking wall around the US, and now theyre supporting this. And your right, he is just like Hitler. They're comparing him and this idea of keeping all of the Muslims or of the country to the voyage of St. Louis prior to WWII, where nearly a thousand Jews could've been saved from the Nazis. All of those people could have been saved, but nearly all of them were dead by the end of the war. If the US refuses these Muslim refugees as well, how many will not survive?

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 01:19 PM

I saw memes going around saying something along the lines of "replace the word Muslim with the word Jew and then asking yourself if this sounds like what Nazis have done"

It's so true. It took a lot for Jews to be at pretty okay place in the US but other groups are not so lucky.

I think Arabs who are not Muslim gets dragged into this too. My father is Christian raised Arab and I remember one summer being bullied by kids who thought my father "did September 11th"

Although my uncle likes Donald Trump and he thinks he is better because he is Christian -.- idk how we are related. He also says stupid things like food stamp program should be removed because he thinks poor people have too many babies or would by drugs with their food stamp card -.-

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichWolverineFreak View Post
Regardless of how he does, this screws over the current Republican Party so bad. It makes them look super racist, even if they deny it, and there is mathematically no chance to win the general election with only stupid white people and some reluctant Republicans. I highly doubt real Republicans would actually support him, I think they would just stay awake all night before election day, knowing they can't choose between two evils. Though how anyone can imagine that Hillary is evil is beyond me, she just seems like a normal politician with a couple overblown screw-ups.
UNLESS Hillary set him up to ruin the Republican party for this election. And I'm not going to lie... I think its brilliant. That's an evil I could get behind actually, because its not like the Republicans could get someone better this election, so I think the ends definitely justify the means. However, the means are destructive to all the people Trump is insulting... ask anyone who is non-white.
It's a pretty easy jump to stereotype all Republicans if the candidate leading in the polls is a completely xenophobic racist. Not that I'm saying that's okay, but it is really hurting the party. We stereotype every Muslim for the acts of violence the extremists commit, and it's fairly understandable for many people to be stereotyping all Republicans for the ridiculous things that man says.

On Trump as a whole, he's a racist, and I hope he doesn't win the Republican nomination or run as Independent. I'm a Democrat and while I would love to see them win because he's so ridiculous and splits the Republican vote....the Democrats winning is not worth it if we have to hear about that much hatred for the next year during the campaign and give anybody the chance to vote for him. That's triggering. Imagine living as a Muslim American at this time. Blah

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 10th 2015, 05:46 PM

Yea well... he's the offspring of an orangutan. He backed down in the lawsuit. He must be hiding something.

He's a damn piece of wet douche. Diarrhoeic douche.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
vA04 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Trump banning Muslims - December 12th 2015, 08:27 AM

lol trump... not a fan *yawns*

Closed Thread