TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Malik

Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - December 31st 2015, 11:28 PM

Do any of you know what December 32nd means?

It's something that one could say to someone when they say Happy New Year to someone who's in a different time zone. If they wish you a new year but in your area you still have another hour or two, or you want to say the same thing to someone else in a time zone behind or ahead of you, then both parties can consider that hour-long gap (or more) to be December 32nd or January 0th - a hypothetical date in between December 31st and January 1st.

Do you think that this should become a commonly used slang term for friends in different time zones?

I forgot to add, this is meant to avoid confusion between people in another time zone in this manner.

Last edited by It is 57 below zero; December 31st 2015 at 11:49 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - December 31st 2015, 11:40 PM

I think that would be kind of funny if it caught on. Funny in a good way. It reminds me of more of a cute joke among friends type thing.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - January 1st 2016, 01:53 AM

I think it would be a good thing between family/friends.

I have family and friends overseas and the time difference is between where I am and where some of my family and friends are is 11 hours which is a huge difference haha.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - January 1st 2016, 02:50 AM

I think it would be cool.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - January 1st 2016, 10:02 AM

Like Harry Potter's platform 9 3/4.

I also think 99p or 99cent coins are a good idea. I hate all the small change. It's the main reason my wallets get damaged.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - January 1st 2016, 02:44 PM

I don't really see the point. Any family or friends I have in other time zones I typically know what the time difference is and can adjust accordingly, as do they. And even if the timing was off, I still understand what they mean so there really isn't any real confusion. I think adding a non-existent date would be more confusing for people especially if it didn't catch on everywhere, or for the period of time it would take for it to catch on everywhere.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: Saying Happy New Year to people in different time zones (December 32nd, anyone?) - January 1st 2016, 03:22 PM

I've never heard of December 32nd and like Keena said, there's really no point for it. People can tell time and identify different time zones by the time they're in the teens if they take the effort and know someone in Australia if they live in California. They would know their friend/relative is 16-19 hours ahead.

Closed Thread