TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

Share your stories from work? - May 28th 2016, 02:48 PM

Hey everyone! I'm a customer service rep and I thought I would share a few stories and ask everyone to share theirs if they have any!

So my schedule was 5pm-9:30pm Thursday, 10am-9:30pm Friday with 1 hour lunch, then Saturday (today) is 9:45am-4pm. Thursday it was nearing the end of my shift and I was getting goofey, I hadn't eaten, I had a monster for some energy, and it was a long day. I was making mistakes and laughing at myself and I thought I was being my bubbly self. Well, the customer goes, "you're giggly tonight". I said "yeah, I worked all day". He then said "maybe it's time to go home". I was like "not yet!".

How rude! He would have been upset if I wasn't as he called it "giggly" too because I'd be perceived as rude.

I have more! If people share theirs, I'll share more of mine.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Share your stories from work? - May 29th 2016, 07:39 PM

My issues come from coworkers not from customers. Yes, sometimes I have creepy men hit on me (which is really uncomfortable) and sometimes a customer is rude or angry for no reason, but that's easy to shake off because it has nothing to do with me; you can usually tell when a customer is going to be rude because they show it in their behaviour the second they approach you and you have no idea what will set them off (like some people get pissed about questions that I ask / say to everyone and 99.9% of the time the customer is super chill about it and you get that one asshole who is a douche about it). With coworkers it's worse though, like I'll have people getting pissed cause I talked to someone for 30 seconds or because I accidentally left something on a counter a few times and I'm always wondering how small and angry their internal world is when that's the sort of thing that they have the time to get upset about and they take their super easy, simple and mundane jobs waaaaaaaay to seriously. It ends up feeling really insulting and demeaning. I can't even go to anyone about it because it is the managers who are contributing by also really rude and ignorant. I had a manger get mad at me because I was trying to pick up a form to get time off for a funeral; I wasn't even filling it out, I was just trying to get it so I wouldn't forget when I had a break and he threatened not to give me the time off if I did it on "his time" and I was really upset because it was for a funeral, it's not like I was planning a vacation to Cuba or something and it's not like I was standing around for 5+ minutes, I literally stopped for less than 30 seconds; I despise how retail people think they can squeeze you for every last second like that because I am now scared to go to my locker for my medications because they might see me and get mad at me.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: Share your stories from work? - May 31st 2016, 08:42 PM

A patient was furious we weren't giving her percocets for basically a flu-like illness. She was in pain!

Keep in mind she already takes norco (the new name of vicodin) and ibuprofen. It sucks. However, sometimes you just have to fight through the pain.

In the US, they consume way too much pain medicine.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: Share your stories from work? - June 1st 2016, 04:05 AM

Today was my first day on the job and I was being trained on the register. I think my experiences were the typical ones from retail. We had the guy who dumped everything from his hand basket onto the counter instead of placing neatly. Then I had a lady who was upset because she had a coupon for free umbrellas but our specific store didn't carry them. She asked why our manager didn't order them and I said I didn't know but we could see if another one of our stores did. She said that her son is the manger of one of our stores and she'll just have to ask her son why our manager doesn't have us carry the umbrellas. Well, if it's that important, why not just shop at your son's store? Then we had the guy come in like two minutes from close.

I worked at a warehouse last summer and work as a tobacco free ambassador during the school year and don't really have any stories from those, except that I get to do some advocacy as a TFA soon.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread