TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sen Vanos Offline
That One Guy
Not a n00b

Name: Sen

Conspiracy theories - July 15th 2016, 12:54 PM

So, let's have a little debate about conspiracy theories. Do you believe in any? Which do you think are most probable?

Debate.

I often disagree with conspiracies, since I think a lot of them aren't well supported (i.e the 1969 moonlanding being filmed in a studio). I went down the list of all conspiracies, and the only one I kinda agree with is that there is a supposed "global elite". Not even really sure.

Oh yeah, and there is one conspiracy I hate with a passion, and it's chemtrails. I don't buy it. I really don't. Maybe someone will change my mind.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Conspiracy theories - July 15th 2016, 10:00 PM

I don't I agree with any as such. I come up with my own conclusions sometimes, and some of these might align with some conspiracy theories, but that's as far as it goes.

I can't possibly believe in something without any evidence pointing in that direction. Even if I want to believe in it, I refrain. It's a bad habit in my opinion (and I've got good reasons for that). Doesn't mean there isn't evidence. I just might not have seen it. But part of the definition of a conspiracy is that it lacks supposed evidence. So meh.

By that logic, every God is a conspiracy theory.

I'm too skeptical to believe in any of that sort of stuff. I don't rule out it's possibility. But I don't believe it either.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Conspiracy theories - July 16th 2016, 07:24 AM

JFK, getting killed by more than one shooter. No way one mediocre gunman could hit a moving target 3 times.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Conspiracy theories - July 16th 2016, 08:06 PM

Usually I dont believe the official story. Or I dont take it for face value and think that it's only one of multiple perspectives. I don't take it for objective truth which is what people are far more likely to do for official news stories than for conspiracies. Secondly, after realizing there's something fishy and off and so many questions left unanswered, I may peek at conspiracies and then get repulsed because they're so out there and it's still inconclusive. So then I go into a loop and realize what was the point of going through that if I'm back to where I started. But conspiracies sound so much more true now that I mistrust the news so much. Go figure. (And by the way, as far as I know, the definition of conspiracy isn't that there's lack of evidence? I never heard of that being inherent in the definition. There could be evidence such as with September 11th, there are certain things that don't add up and then the individual survivor's recounting of their experience for example. But then people tell you you're unpatriotic if you question what has been put out there. That kind of absolutism of either you're with us 100% or you're a terrorist and/or a crazy conspiracy theorist can get out of hand. I've been accused of "being a conspiracy theorist" because my thoughts wondered off too much At the same time I would not take conspiracy theories for face value either. I just remain in the uncertainty zone of unanswered questions.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Conspiracy theories - July 19th 2016, 01:02 AM

*triggering suicide*

I love conspiracy theories, don't know if I actually believe in much. But they get my mind thinking and I'm always looking for more than one side of a story. The ones I'm really interested in are the JFK being killed by more than one shooter (as stated above), Kurt Cobain didn't commit suicide by shooting himself, Marilyn Monroe death, Disney conspiracy theories, and so on. Oh and the Berenstain Bears conspiracy really messes me up.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

Closed Thread