TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Conservative Transgenders - July 18th 2016, 10:24 PM

I'm dropping another bomb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRtnBsx3tc

There it is. This is not just about conservative transgenders. It's been widely recognized, that homosexuals, transgenders, racial minorities, old-school feminists, etc... who speak out against the radical left...

... get attacked with extreme prejudice. I have seen this several times. Dark-skinned Trump supporters getting bullied, maybe even beaten up if I remember right. Feminists getting verbally abused for denouncing false rape statistics on campuses. False rape statistics which make it look like sexual assault on campuses is more frequent than in areas occupied by ISIS. I'm some 90% sure that I could find sources for all those things. I'm just too disorganised to keep record of them constantly.

People advocate deconstructing the stereotypes which exist, about black people, gay people, transgender people, feminists. Advocate deconstructing the stereotypes, yet when these people do something "non-stereotypical" like support conservative ideologies... they get death threats. Right, death threats are frequent on the internet. Yet I've gotten very few.

It's this peer pressure/herd mentality bullshit. People see someone whom they think is "one of them", disagreeing with their own crowd, and because of it brand them a "traitor" in their own mind. Stop doing it. Live by what you preach: "live and let live".

Also, digressing a bit: people say they s
upport "deconstructing stereotypes", yet when a gay individual acts out their stereotype on television (flamboyant gestures, awkward clothing ,etc.), they appear to get cheered on and encouraged. People like this harm their own cause. Do you want to deconstruct stereotypes? Or "force" people to accept them instead by silencing/intimidating criticism of these stereotypes? I thought it has been established that stereotypes cause more harm than good? Stereotypes are generally based of so called "anecdotal evidence". They're not lies, but because supporting evidence is so lose and easily falsified/manipulated, it often is manipulated, usually by political motives. That's when "stereotypes" become "propaganda"... which is more lies than truth. Stereotypes are just unreliable and harmful. It's a minefield. Not entirely true, or false. Referring to objective, empirical evidence however, is not stereotyping. Evidence such as the majority of black males in America getting murdered by other black males. Quick google search produced this:

FBI crime statistics

Also, putting a few of those figures in my calculator showed that black on white crime is proportionately twice as frequent (in percentages) as white on black crime. Lots of "racism" there. Oh... this topic is a whole different can of worms, and there's a lot more to it, I know. Probably for a different thread, another day. I find it ironic nobody here is talking about the Dallas sniper attack which killed several police officers. Are people still going to argue that "BLM" is entirely peaceful, like people are arguing about Islam? It is clearly not true. There have been riots, assaults, and now dead police officers, targeted at random simply for being police officers. It's not as if those individuals were even personally responsible for any specific crimes/misconduct. Brilliant progress. Like I said in the other thread. Laws exist, which should be followed through in the streets. Lock up individuals/leaders responsible for inciting violence, no matter who they are. If taking away their leadership is reciprocated with new leadership inciting even greater riots, lock up that leadership as well. Strategy = taking out the leadership. Not sending riot police to beat up protesters in the streets who were simply mislead by bad leadership. At this rate, that's what I think "BLM" will end with. Like the protests in Wall street.

Anyhow. My point was, there's a difference between stereotypes and facts like those I posted from the FBI website. I digressed too much. I was going to leave that last bit for another time.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; July 19th 2016 at 10:35 AM.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread