TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 11th 2016, 04:19 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

Apology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOensg3xrzM

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1252202 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 11th 2016, 05:40 PM

I have no idea how they ever thought that was an okay ad, and even an okay sale. I don't feel bad for the owners in the slightest, and even if they decided to open again I'm not sure they'd get the business they need to stay open. Not only was it a disrespectful ad, they were laughing. I'm not normally someone who looks down on people who don't take 9/11 as serious as some people but I think this was totally out of line no matter how much time has passed.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 11th 2016, 05:47 PM

These are the sort of people that needs to be knocked over the head with a sledgehammer. I'd add exactly what I'd like to see from that action, but it'd get triggering and graphic.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 12th 2016, 05:53 AM

Yeah I remember seeing that and just thinking... Thats what you came up with? Your dumbass brainstormed ideas for hours and came up with... This? "Guys, I got it. We're gonna re-enact the 9/11 attacks with mattresses. Its gonna be hilarious!" and then, "Holy shit, that's perfect! Let's do it!"
Little do you know there was probably a fourth character who tried to tell them and then refused to be in the commercial.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 13th 2016, 09:53 PM

Question. Why is this labeled as triggering? It has "offensive" written in the title.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 13th 2016, 11:11 PM

Because everyone labels their threads triggering if it's already obvious it will be triggering from the title.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Mattress company airs offensive 9/11 commercial - September 14th 2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8U2 View Post
Because everyone labels their threads triggering if it's already obvious it will be triggering from the title.
I'd say offensive is different than triggering. For those of us who didn't experience 9/11 firsthand but know a lot about it, we might be offended. For those of us who perhaps were in the towers or lost somebody, it could be triggering.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread